hey thats my carseat!

amyg530

on bringing home baby they had a graco snugride in the same pattern as mine (limewire). to bad it looked like they left the poor girl totally swaddled when they put her in it. :eek:. the mom also didnt put on her seat belt. it really would be nice if they wuold show proper carseat use on these shows since many parents to be watch them and they probably see that stuff and think is ok.

also can combo boosters/ 5pts be installed with latch b/c thats what kind of seat it looked like they had for their 2yo and it definaly wasnt installed with the seat belt. i looked like a FF only one.

ADS

wendytthomas

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
I can't watch those shows. Between my opinions on births, parenting, and carseats I end up very angry.

When using a harness you can install a combo seat with LATCH. When using it as a booster most do not allow LATCH or tether use, though a few allow either LATCH or the tether.

Wendy

Connor's Mom

On a the same note, bringing home baby, I came across some video on my computer of the nurse showing us how to use the car seat in the hospital. Total random thing for hubby to film and I didn't know he had.
What peeves me off is I was clueless back then about car restraints. I trusted the nurse for advice. Well, she had me re-route the harness to where the straps where above his shoulders and she took out the infant head support that came with the seat saying it was illegal to use those head rests. :confused: I ended putting the head rest back in at home because his little head was flopping around but I did leave the harness where she put it. :thumbsdown:

Off topic, but Amy, didn't you tell me you had the same travel system for your Connor? Just wondering because for the life of me I couldn't remember the pattern name- Limewire.

amyg530

yeah we had the same one, the blue and green plaid like, i'm pretty sure limewire was the name

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC