• Nautilus

Votes: 11 73.3%
  • Monterey

Votes: 2 13.3%
  • clicky box

Votes: 2 13.3%

• Total voters

emandbri

I moved Elizabeth to the nautilus but it is bugging me how her head is next to the belt guides.

IMG_1822.JPG

Should I move her to the monterey?

ADS

bubbaray

Could you not move the headrest down in the GN? It looks high to me. Wouldn't her head be by the belt guide in the Monterey?

I own both seats and neither of my girls like the GN much. DD#1 in particular HATES that seat.

TechnoGranola

Forum Ambassador
When does she turn 6? And your pic says September 30, 2011. Is your camera date wrong, or is that pic from 5 months ago?

bubbaray said:
Could you not move the headrest down in the GN? It looks high to me. Wouldn't her head be by the belt guide in the Monterey?

Seems to be a problem in the Nauti each time you move up a harness height. You can't put the headrest lower because it will be on top of the harness, but the headrest is too high until they grow some.

Sent from my iPhone using Car-Seat.Org

bubbaray

Seems to be a problem in the Nauti each time you move up a harness height. You can't put the headrest lower because it will be on top of the harness, but the headrest is too high until they grow some.

Its hard for me to tell from the pic, but the harness looks like it might fit on the next lower slot.

TechnoGranola

Forum Ambassador
bubbaray said:
Its hard for me to tell from the pic, but the harness looks like it might fit on the next lower slot.

I see your point now; if the harness could be moved down, so could the headrest. I was presuming that since she said she just moved her up a slot, that she was outgrown the lower slot.

Sent from my iPhone using Car-Seat.Org

bubbaray

I see your point now. I was presuming that since she said she just moved her up a slot, that she was outgrown the lower slot.

I hate everything about the GN. Including the harness height, it never seems to be "just right" KWIM?

I guess I just answered the question. Monterey gets my vote. LOL

djma

I guess I don't see what the issue is. DS2's head is pretty much in the same spot. There are days he could still be on the next to last slot in the GN, but I've moved them up to the last slot and that's where they'll stay.

I'm in the midnset, if they fit, leave them. I wouldn't booster my son if he fits in the GN. But that's just me. :)

emandbri

The picture is from 5 months ago but she had just had a growth spurt when the picture was taken and fits the same. Sometimes it seems like I could move them back down and other times seems just over. She is now on the last slot. If I move the headrest down it would go over the harness which isn't allowed.

Pixels

Harness = tether = reduced head excursion. Booster = no tether = increased head excursion. I'd leave her in the harness.

snowbird25ca

Moderator - CPST Instructor
Based on how she's sitting in the seat I'm thinking it's likely that she'd be fine with the straps being down a slot.

Otherwise though, I don't see any harm in being there. Once she grows about 1/2" in the torso it won't seem so awkward anymore. I never liked that "just changed slots" fit, but it doesn't take much growth for it to get better.

That being said, if she's 6yrs old and over 40lbs, I'd move her to a booster if you wanted to. There's really no reason to keep her harnessed at that age if she's otherwise mature enough and fits well in the Monterey.

emandbri

This didn't occur to me but I don't want to move Benjamin to the pro booster because it tips in my van when he sleeps.

I wouldn't have a problem moving her to a booster, I'm just waiting for one to come out that I like. ;) I want a tan or green booster that can be latched. I'm hoping the orbit baby booster will fit the bill.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC