Which would you get

Cryssy Jane

If you could get a blaze prosport and a Beckett nautilus at the same price which would you get and why?

Kiddo is almost 3 (beg of April) 36lbs and wears 4t tops and 3t bottoms.

Anyone have pictures comparing the two with a kiddo around the same size? Also, how awkward is the prosport seatbelt install?

Sent from my iPhone using Car-Seat.Org

ADS

hrice

Blaze Prosport! :love:

Where are you finding this great deal?!

(my answer had nothing to do with the kiddos stats lol. I just really heart Blaze)

Spam

:yeahthat: I like the nauti for cupholders, the prosport for zero headslump. I'm wanting a blaze ps but haven't pulled the trigger yet. Cheapest I'm finding is $185 through the barnesandnoble deal, but if it was the same as the nauti i'd probably already bought it.

eta I thought I had pics of Austin in both, but apparently I only have pics of the seats without kids in them.

Judi

CPST/Firefighter
The nauti. It lasts longer. Plus, I hate the issue with my car and the shoulder belt.

Cryssy Jane

hrice said:
Blaze Prosport! :love:

Where are you finding this great deal?!

(my answer had nothing to do with the kiddos stats lol. I just really heart Blaze)

I've got giftcards which would bring the prices to about the same. I love love love the blaze but I love the Beckett too. I'm worried about head slumpage in the nauti as he doesn't slump in the fr85 but slumps like crazy in the rxt in recline.

Phineasmama

Prosport all the way!! I don't think the Nauti lasts longer, and I've never had any seat belt install issues in my vehicles. I'm not a huge Graco fan though so take it for what it's worth :p

We have 2 ProSports and I love those seats so much, that's one I'll never sell.

Laurelz

Blaze looks awesome but we have a Beckett nauti in our Tahoe and I have zero head slump. :) I actually love it and the cup holders. BUT if I could afford the prosport for the same price I would've picked that.

Phineasmama

FWIW we've never had issues with not having cup holders in the ProSport, the kids just put their cup right next to their leg on the side or something.

The PS just feels so sturdy and well made to me! I don't think you'd regret getting it

Cryssy Jane

He really likes his cup holders in his fr85 and loved the rxt cup holder. Hmm. I think I'll take him to the store with me and have him try both out to see which he prefers and which fits better in my car.

firemomof3

I have both and its a close call. I hate that the PS doesn't have cup holders but both dd2 & ds sleep sooo nicely in it. I've had good luck with the GN Elite (vs the "regular" GN) and head slump. I really don't like the new crotch buckle on the GN.
For your size child either seat would be a nice fit. If your planning on keeping the seat for a while, the PS would be a better choice. I really like the PS in booster mode :love:

IMG_0208.jpg

TF003.jpg

Carrie_R

Ambassador - CPS Technician
I love both the Nautilus and ProSport. The ProSport is better for puzzling, especially with a CCO, but has the weird tether restriction where it has to be removed at 52lbs. The funky seatbelt install has never bothered me or any of the kids.

I'd probably lean towards the ProSport as long as I didn't think I'd use it for a kid over 52lbs... but I really do love both seats.

zactayaus

The PS just feels so sturdy and well made to me! I don't think you'd regret getting it

This is interesting because I played with a Prosport for my first time today and my first thought when I picked it up was wow this is light (even said it out loud, Kac was there to verify:p). It felt, hmm, kind of hollow, if that makes sense. Not saying it's not sturdy just pointing out my observation that's all.

morninglori

Thanks for the post....I've been trying to decide between the two as well for my DS with similar stats. He's riding in a SG GO right now since we passed the CowMA down to my 8mo niece.

Now leaning towards the PS.:)

emandbri

I think you would be be happy with either one. I choose the nautilus because it was cheaper and because I had been asking graco for a green one for 4 years or so and figured when they put one out I should buy it! ;) I thought the funky seat belt thing would bother Elizabeth on the pro sport when I borrowed one from Munchkin but it didn't.

I was not aware of the tether issue so that might steer to the nautilus since you might want to use it with heavier kids down the line.

TiaxMarie

We have an Argos 70 and a ProSport and Sophie likes the PS better. She does like the cupholder on the Argos, but overall comfort she says she likes the PS better.

She's a little bit bigger than the kiddo you'd be using it for, though.

ETA: She's 41lbs, 42.5", 4 years 4 months. Wears size 5.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC