Another Frontier 85 question

ADS

wendytthomas

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
The gap and overhang is fine. Is your belt twisted or loose? The lap belt is the only thing grabbing my attention.

Wendy

EmmaCPST

CPST Instructor
I think it's fine as is, but did you try LBP? I find it's usually easier to close that gap with LBP vs SBP.

Also, is it just the angle of the picture or is your Radian really reclined?

StillThankful

The gap and overhang is fine. Is your belt twisted or loose? The lap belt is the only thing grabbing my attention.

Wendy

Wendy,

Thanks for making the observation--for some reason, the angle of the FF belt path cause the seat belt to wrinkle when I tighten it. It's tight and not folded over but it IS "wrinkled." Is that okay or do I need to do something else?:confused:

wendytthomas

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
I'd probably recline your seat back, stand in front of the Frontier and shove it back with your knees, all while tightening the belt. Then pull the seat back back up. See what that does about the overhang, gap, and seatbelt folding.

Wendy

StillThankful

I think it's fine as is, but did you try LBP? I find it's usually easier to close that gap with LBP vs SBP.

I'd probably recline your seat back, stand in front of the Frontier and shove it back with your knees, all while tightening the belt. Then pull the seat back back up. See what that does about the overhang, gap, and seatbelt folding.

Wendy

Okay...I'm out of breath but victorious:D I dealt with this beast AKA Britax FR85 and conquered the LBP! I was intimidated but through it all, I mustered up the strength to continue my journey of a rock solid install with no gap, no overhang and no folding of the seat belt!:p To God be the glory....yes He gave me strength on this b/c you have no idea how intimidated I was to attempt the LBP! (seriously)

Here are the pics:

DSCN0284 by StillThankful, on Flickr

DSCN0286 by StillThankful, on Flickr

StillThankful

Ok yeah I think a lot of it was just the picture! Just curious, what kind of van is that?

There aren't many of them on the road now:p...it's a very, old minivan--1995 Honda Odyssey EX w/ four cylinders--the First Generation Honda Odyssey (95-98)...they are on the Fourth generation now .:p

EmmaCPST

CPST Instructor
There aren't many of them on the road now:p...it's a very, old minivan--1995 Honda Odyssey EX w/ four cylinders--the First Generation Honda Odyssey (95-98)...they are on the Fourth generation now .:p

haha my husband loves you - he was a Honda tech for about 12 years and that's one of his favorite vehicles, he always gets all excited when he sees people still driving them.

MommyShannon

I was trying to figure out why it really reminded me of our Ody but didn't have sliding doors! I wasn't imagining the likeness! Love our Hondas too.

featherhead

We have a '98 and the FrontierXT(85) with LBP works awesomely in the back where we have long forward-of-the-bight buckles.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC