Keyfit next to RF Radian?

jeminijad

In digging through old threads about 3 across and puzzling, I read several that described how they couldn't get a KF next to a rear facing Radian b/c the handle knob on the KF hits the side of the Radian.

Anyone NOT have this problem? I have a CX-7, if it matters.

ETA: I'm hoping to do Prosport/KF/RF Radian or other convertible. I just haven't been able to get out there and try it yet.

ADS

Cryssy Jane

after the boys get picked up I can go check it out in my car. I know I've done rf radian, kf w/base, rf radian before in my impreza.

PurpleCat

If the RN is more upright, I can see the handle knob getting in the way. If it's at the 45* angle the knob could rest just above the side. That's how it worked when I had my SR32 beside my RN.

jeminijad

If the RN is more upright, I can see the handle knob getting in the way. If it's at the 45* angle the knob could rest just above the side. That's how it worked when I had my SR32 beside my RN.

It it going to be upright, possibly using an angle adjuster. For a 20ish month old kiddo.

Jessica61624

PurpleCat said:

SR32 knob is way bigger than the kf.

tarynsmum

Senior Community Member
jeminijad said:
It it going to be upright, possibly using an angle adjuster. For a 20ish month old kiddo.

Hmm. Well, I just ordered an angle adjuster for this set-up, so I can update (probably have to remind me) when I get it.

EmmaCPST

CPST Instructor
I had trouble with it, but it was with Nautilus - Radian - Keyfit and the Nautilus took up a TON of room so the Radian was pretty far skewed into the Keyfit's seating area. This was also pre-angle adjuster. I ended up being successful with Radian - Nautilus - Keyfit instead.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC