WWYD? 3 across blues

clmchrissy

I don't know why, but I'm stuck on what I should be doing and tired of continously changing things. I'm probably stuck w/ my 2006 Accord Sedan for awhile longer due to the increasing gas prices & my now increased commute.

WWYD for a three across set up?
DS1- 7.5 yrs old, approx 47ish lbs, probably between 47-50" and maybe a 16.5-17" torso - rides in a booster & prefers this, but will harness if it makes things easier.

DS2- 4 37-40lbs, 40" and about a 15.5-16" torso currently rides FF & due to car fights prefer to keep it that way, but will to turn if it will truly make things easier

DD- 16 months 25lbs torso? IDK, but RF no matter what

Seats I have, but I'm willing to switch it up
MA70
RN65
old style PW
lite rider
clek oto

Currently I have- DS1 center in the oto, DD driver MA70 & DS2 Pass RN ff

DS1 can't or won't buckle booster, whole reason I got the oto to make buckling easier for him. Due to DH not wanting to drive his truck on weekends now, DS1 will be in my car more often so I'm not sure about a nb or the oto as his seat anway (he does prefer a HBB).

I tried the RN center ff, MA70 rf drvr and it won't work like the classic MA did w/ the RN center, of course os PW fits great, just have to scoot & buckle (me not him :( )

Any suggestions?

ADS

djma

Does either one HAVE to be by the door for carpool or anything?

I would try FF radian, literider, MA70.

ETA: went back and re-read your thread. Why won't/can't he buckle the belt? That kind of changes things. Hmmm....

clmchrissy

Does either one HAVE to be by the door for carpool or anything?

I would try FF radian, literider, MA70.

ETA: went back and re-read your thread. Why won't/can't he buckle the belt? That kind of changes things. Hmmm....

I prefer DD by the door for ease. He is being stubborn & lazy. He says he can't find the buckle, but somehow always finds it to unbuckle.

safeinthecar

Moderator - CPS Technician
I prefer DD by the door for ease. He is being stubborn & lazy. He says he can't find the buckle, but somehow always finds it to unbuckle.

well, that makes sense actually. If he is buckled the tension on the belt holds the buckle where it is supposed to be.

Last edited:

clmchrissy

well, that makes sense actually. If he is buckles the tension on the belt holds the buckle where it is supposed to be.

I thought about this too...he just gets such a nasty attitude about attempting to buckle.

I have thought about re- harnessing him...he should fit in a Radian or any other hwh seat.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC