Help me help my friend

nosidammai

We're going car seat shopping tomorrow for her 3 yr old son. He is a big boy at 50lbs ad 45 inches tall. She can only spend $220 max. I was thinking of either going with a Nauti or Symphony 65, but what do you think?

ADS

safeinthecar

Moderator - CPS Technician
Three on the edge of turning four, I might consider the Nauti, but the Frontier 85 is likely to be a better seat unless he's already unusually mature for his age.

moonmommy

Senior Community Member
Frontier 85 is probably the best bet for a 3 year old that size. There are always deals to be found. Justkidsstore.com has the Frontier 85 on sale for $212.49 right now.

Laurelz

I would say a FR85 for a kid that size. :) a nauti might work but you would have to try him in one first. My ods has both and while he fits fine in his nauti he fits better in his fr an he says it's more comfortable. He's 41lb, 40in or vice versa. I can't remember this early. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Car-Seat.Org

firemomof3

Maybe the GN but I think the Frontier 85 would be a better choice, especially when it comes time for booster mode in a few years.

christineka

If she can try out the frontier in store and buy online, it would be best. There are deals on the frontier for that cost or a little less.

Amazon has them under 225$ NO Tax (most states) and Free shipping on all of them. The Canyon is $220.00, The Rushmore is $212.00, Cow is $223.00, Maui $223...of course Livia is $202.00 LOL

Good Luck!!

Carrie_R

Ambassador - CPS Technician
If he's a young 3 she can't quite swing the F85, I might go Argos instead of GN for the 5 extra lbs.

Baylor

Go for the Fr85. I have the same size kid and he is just about out of the GN at this point.. He has a 1/2 inch or less depending where it is installed. In the Fr85 he has plenty of room all around.

There are plenty of deals like the people said. She could have it in a week..

msg221

I would also say a FR85 for a kid that big. I can't picture 50 lbs. on a 3 year-old! I'm used to these peanut kids! Nour barely tips the scale at 30 lbs. and she will be 4 in May! That is why I did not go with a FR85 for her after seeing how big it is after I got one for Zain! She has an Argos now and it's perfect for her!

Athena

Frontier 85 is probably the best bet for a 3 year old that size. There are always deals to be found. Justkidsstore.com has the Frontier 85 on sale for $212.49 right now.

And you can usually get one on amazon for that with free returns if you find it does not install well in her car.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC