3 across toyota corolla

grouprn

I'm asking for my step-daughter who is expecting this summer. Currently she has a 7 year old in a cheaper high back booster (not sure what one) and a 3 year old 27 pound daughter in an alpha omega FF. Money will be an issue. I'm sure they won't be able to afford a radian on their own. Keeping baby ERFing will not be a priority for her. Despite my best attemps the 3 yo was turned FF at 1year.

I think she is planning on putting the 7yo in a backless booster so she can get them all in. I was going to give her my snugride 22 pound seat for the baby. I think it willl just make it under the wire before it expires. Is there a narrow harnessed seat that willl fit 3 across? Or any other combination ideas. Is the 7yo old enough to go into a backless?

thanks again for all the help.

ADS

grouprn

I'm not sure which high back she's in. It's a cheaper one. Looks simular to the cheapy cosco HHB I got so I can pick her up from school sometimes. I'll have have to check on her wt and ht. She's on the smaller side compared to the rest of the 1st graders there are girls shorter than her. Wears size 6.

There are head rests in the back seat. I think the middle one is smaller than the outboard ones.

grouprn

OK I measured my radian and I think it was 14 inches wide at the seat. From what I found here the maestro is 19 inches I think. When my step daughter watches my son she uses my radian w/ her HBB and alpha omega and it's a pretty tight fit.

So do you think a snug ride, HBB ( I could get her the turbobuster if that one is more narrow than what she has) and the maestro would fit? That snug ride just seems really wide.

tam_shops

I have a Toyota Matrix, so pretty close.

The Harmony and TurboBooster are both narrow, but I'm pretty sure there are other more narrow options. I'm Canadian, so the seats are a bit different, but the Apramo is one suggested here, but I don't see it there. You could start a new thread w/ "most narrow LBB" if you don't get an answer.

At any rate, the Maestro and SR22 should fit w/ a narrow booster.

I had a SR22, Marathon, Radian in my car. And, a SS1 (but the SS1 wouldn't work w/ the base) w/ a MA and RN. I also had the TurboBooster, MA and RN in my car.

It was the arm rests of the Graco TurboBooster that caused problems, which is why i suggested the Harmony--though, I'd really prefer something even more narrow b/c buckling the Graco LBB in my car w/ the two other seats in there takes me several minutes and isn't something I'd want to do on a daily basis.

Down the line, I'd suggest a Scenera for the baby.

tam

grouprn

Every successful 3 across in a corolla I've read had at least 1 radian so I am a little nervous. I see amazon has the maestro for $68 so I may go ahead and get that one for a spare for my DS and try it out in her car.

ETA: I already have a scenera so I guess I have that covered. I was looking at the turbobooster. I'll have to look at the Harmony is that more narrow or just shaped differently? If she does end up going backless for her 7 year old I don't know how that blow up one (bubbler bum?) works. What a pain this is.

tam_shops

Harmony is shaped differently, I actually think it is wider. I am pretty sure there are other narrow boosters out there. I wouldn't put a 7yo in a LBB, but I won't put my 6yo in a HBB, so I'm the wrong person to ask! LOL Also, if a Graco LBB will fit, it's possible a Graco HBB will fit also.

Yes, the Bubblebum is more narrow. I kind of *wonder* how it'd work for every day situation, I know the carseatlady on fb gave it a *great* review!

I have done a 3 across in my car with and with out a Radian. Know a MA was always involved and while it's a huge seat, it puzzles really well. Think I had a SS1 w/ out the base and know I had a SS22 w/ out the base along w/ the MA and perhaps a AOE.

RF and FF play a roll in helping things along.

I wouldn't buy anything that I could not return if I wasn't sure. I know the engine of our cars are the same and the frame (or something) not as sure about the interior.

And, no RN was used in the 3 across in the Jetta. 2 Maestro and 1 Scenera. We removed the cup holders for the Maesro, but Evenflo sent out caps for a few dollars. Also, we didn't *have* to remove them, they were just in the way for d/c lady to get the kids in/out and/or bumping the door.

tam

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC