Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

Senior Community Member VoodooChile's Avatar

Mini Cooper (4 door) question

Quick question about the Mini Cooper 4 door. My sister is looking at these and I don't know that she'd think to notice-- are the backseat headrests adjustable? My niece is only 4 now but I'm thinking way down the road to backwash booster days.
    Thanks!
    ETA: that should obviously read "backless" booster, not "backwash" booster. If this was a text, I'd send it to DYAC.
    Last edited by VoodooChile; 02-29-2012 at 08:45 PM. Reason: autocorrect...
    Dd 10/2005--Incognito
    Ds 3/2009--Kiddy Cruiserfix Pro, Clek Oobr

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

Re: Mini Cooper (4 door) question

Senior Community Member VoodooChile's Avatar

Awesome, thanks! So it looks like they definitely adjust, but no way to ever put all 3 kiddos (my 2 plus her 1) in the back. Not that we ever have...
    Dd 10/2005--Incognito
    Ds 3/2009--Kiddy Cruiserfix Pro, Clek Oobr

Hahaha, no. These aren't supposed to be family cars really. No 3 across in the back. Same with the Fiat 500. These are just 2+2

Admin - CPS Technician Emeritus Jeanum's Avatar

The Mini Cooper Countryman does have a 3-seater rear bench option with availability starting fall 2011 for it, FWIW. Here's a picture showing the 3-seater rear bench (UK right hand drive model but representative of what would be available in the U.S. in terms of the back seat): http://www.autoblog.com/2011/05/05/m...option-in-u-s/
    Regards,
    Jean

DD1 Age 14, 65" 5 steps
    DD2 Age 11, 61" 5 steps

Click here if you wish to view the full size version of my avatar

7. Thank You from:

Quote Originally Posted by Jeanum View Post
    The Mini Cooper Countryman does have a 3-seater rear bench option with availability starting fall 2011 for it, FWIW. Here's a picture showing the 3-seater rear bench (UK right hand drive model but representative of what would be available in the U.S. in terms of the back seat): http://www.autoblog.com/2011/05/05/m...option-in-u-s/
    Somehow I don't think 3 across is really gonna work with that. That middle seat is like the width of the headrest.

Admin - CPS Technician Emeritus Jeanum's Avatar

Maybe, maybe not. I would have said as much about the Yaris until another member recently posted about getting 3 across in it, lol. Radians were key.
    Regards,
    Jean

DD1 Age 14, 65" 5 steps
    DD2 Age 11, 61" 5 steps

Click here if you wish to view the full size version of my avatar