Oh great.

VoodooChile

My ds, who turns 3 in a month, has started asking to forward face. As in, getting into his seat backwards, saying "Face this way!" and having to be wrestled into his seat the proper way. Which is just a barrel of laughs b/c I most likely have RA (see the rheumatologist tomorrow actually but I'm pretty sure). I was hoping to rf to 4 but I really can't imagine doing this fun little dance for the next year.
Why can't I have one of those kids who loves rear-facing?

ADS

Little Ps Mama

It's frustrating when they start having a preference and voicing it. :( DS1 rides FF in our secondary vehicle very part-time and every time he gets in there he says "I like riding this way, I don't like riding the other way." Grr. Fortunately, he's got a pretty easy-going personality so my simple "You can ride like that in the van when you're 4" explanation does the trick (for now).

hrice

Colton is starting that. It's my fault though since I have him FF in other vehicles. He is 3y8m. I am weathering it until his bday in June (I hope) and then I'll just let him FF full time for good.

skylinphoto

My dd has spent the last year complaining here and there to be ffing. I always told her "when you turn 4 you can choose."
She's going to be 4 in two weeks and is quite anxious to ff.

Well, she's begging for a booster...but that obviously ain't happening. Lol. So ffing it is.

Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using Car-Seat.Org

mumof2

my daughter was 4 when she started saying she wanted to face the other way.

she was getting close to both limits of the radian so decided to FF her. will likely look at getting her a booster when she is 5-6

yetanotherjen

CPST Instructor
My 3 1/2 year old is the same way. He just started ffing in dad's car and now he keeps asking for my car too. I hear about all these kids that LOVE rear facing and I am sooooo jealous!

amelia222

My dd tried that so I showed her that animated crash test/rf info video. She tells me now "Mommy won't crash and give me big owies when I face the back" LOL whatever works.

mcomommy

My son did the same thing, he really wanted to FF in his sisters Nautilus. I was comfortable with it at three though so I dealt with him being upset for a few months and then on his third birthday one of his gifts was a green which is his favorite color (Beckett) Nautilus. I think he was more excited about that then the basketball hoop and tanker truck we got him :D:cool: I hope your little one gets over it for awhile so you can keep him rear facing till you are comfortable switching. Maybe a new special toy only for rear facing?

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC