Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

+ Reply to Thread
    Carseat Crazy

travel with 4 kids

We are heading to FL next month which is a cross country plane ride for us. Which seats would you bring for ease of use, hauling, etc...

DD1 is 9, she rides in a backless graco. I'm thinking of getting a BubbleBum for her, if might work well in our Audi wagon here as well...

DD2 is 5.5, very tall, huge torso but 40lbs. She is in a highback TB. I generally take it apart, stow the back in the luggage, and carry the bottom on to the plane.

DS1 will be days shy from 3, 35 lbs and now FF in a Truefit.

DS2 will be 8 months and just got switched to a Recaro Como.

For the boys I also have a Scenera that either one will fit into. DS1 has a very short torso but is stocky. As well as a Signo. DS2 still fits into his Keyfit30, barely, but he hates it. It might be easier to travel with though... We all have seats on the planes, and are renting a van for our 3 week trip.
    DD1-13y, DD2-9y, DS1-7y, DS2-4y

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

Admin - CPST Instructor wendytthomas's Avatar

Re: travel with 4 kids

BubbleBums work great in Audi wagons.

The split up Turbo sounds great for the five year old. Then I'd do the Scenera and Keyfit for the two youngers.

So yeah, your plan sounds great.

Wendy
    wendy, cpst-i mom to
    piper, 7/26/02, 62", 108#, seatbelt, driving her own car
    laine 9/16/09, 54", 96#, Nuna Aaces, Diono Solana 2
    in my husband's 2018 Toyota Land Cruiser, my 2017 Volvo XC90, and big sister's 2016 Honda Civic
    https://www.car-seat.org/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1353&dateline=1552329  785

CPS Fanatic

Re: travel with 4 kids

I think you have a good plan here too. If you want to consider another option, maybe buy a Maestro for the 3yo and use the Scenera for the baby.

Melanie