DH's truck was stolen

canadianmom2three

DH went out the door to go to work this a.m., and his truck was missing:eek: We live in such a quiet neighbourhood, but lately, bad luck. Just a month ago I woke up to my van alarm blaring, but no damage or entry. DH's bike was also stolen from our backyard, inside our latched gate...and now the truck!!! Anyone who has btdt, what do you figure the chances are of him getting it back in one piece??
and as an aside...can you tell me what kind of an idiot steals a truck that has a huge yellow company logo covering the tailgate, and on each door :doh:

ADS

Jeanum

Admin - CPS Technician Emeritus
Staff member
Aww, that's terrible. :( I have heard of thieves who steal larger vehicles to brazenly use the stolen vehicle to haul around more stolen merchandise, unfortunately. A vehicle with a company logo might be attractive from the standpoint that it might seem less suspicious if they're going to use it for further mischief, like it might blend in more in a neighborhood they may plan to burglarize. On the plus side, a bright yellow truck should be easier to spot and get reported if it does arouse anyone's suspicions. I hope you get it back undamaged and have proactive insurance to cover any losses.

Judi

CPST/Firefighter
I am so sorry! I was driving my step moms car once and it got stolen from the mall parking lot. I had only been it there for 5 minutes!

beeman

Wow, that sucks. My friends car got stolen in Calgary twice and they found it both times, so the chances of them finding it are fairly good. Hopefully it's not beaten up, and if it is, hopefully it's well insured.

Only in the country Southpaw, not the city :p .

rlsadc

Senior Community Member
my moms ex husband had his honda stolen...he found it a year later, but it was thrashed

Tiffanie

Oh that suckers :( Any news yet? And you're right, what morons steal a bright yellow truck with company logos? Silly people.

I few years back I had dropped my ex-husband's truck off for a new clutch. The service guy handed me the CD thing he had and said to take all valuables out of the truck. I jokingly said oh what's the chances of it being stolen. Ooops. That night they had a major break in on the lot and stereos were stolen out of everyone's vehicles BUT our truck because once they smashed the window the alarm went off (and his was programed to not turn off at all until you deactivated it). So we stopped the burglary of the vehicles next to ours at least but the service guy said I jinxed them lol

Melanie

So sorry...that stinks.

I heard somewhere that statistically if it's not found in 24 hours it probably won't be. My experience is the other end of the spectrum though. DH truck was stollen and gone for 3 weeks. It was found with 300 extra miles on it. Only thing taken was some bungie cords and the only damage was the broken window and where the key goes...he was very lucky.

One thing to keep in mind if it's not found...sometimes it's better to have an insurance settlement than a vehicle that has been driven terribly hard.

Good luck!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC