DO you have a car seat crush?

momtotwogirls

Hi my name is Aubree and I have an undying love for the TFP. I can look past all its downfalls and still love it more than any other car seat I have or will ever own :love:

Ok Your turn......:)

ADS

Brigala

CPST Instructor
Not exactly a crush, no. But an unhealthy relationship? I've got that.

I have a Complete Air SE sitting in my garage that I can't quite give up. I just think it's so pretty. I love the fabric, the color, the design. I really like the concept of the air protect technology. My daughter looks so comfy in it. But it sits there, brand new in box, because I'm uneasy about Dorel in general. They don't seem to know what they're doing. They can't give a straight answer as to why it needs to be reclined so far, and they deny the well established safety hazards of having a seat that's over-reclined past 45 degrees. They say the seat is still safe when used upright and then delay the roll-out of the sticker that will reflect that on the side of the seat. They have a hell of a lot of recalls, which generally come out a LONG time after a problem has been repeatedly brought to their attention.

I just don't know whether I want to keep the dang seat or send it back to Amazon and cut my losses. I'm down to waiting to see whether I can get pregnant again or not; if I can, I want to keep the seat because it matches my infant seat so my kids can be in matching seats. If not, I might send it back. In the meantime it sits.

Laurelz

Mine is the Frontier85. I will never sell it! It's MINE! :) I haven't played with many other seats but I am loving on our nautilus and before I owned one I actually hated them. :/ for yds I love the radian

Sent from my iPhone using Car-Seat.Org

Carrie_R

Ambassador - CPS Technician
Hi, my name is Carrie and I have a super ridiculous love for the Monterey. I know it is considered hit-or-miss in fit, but I've had great success and adore it's sleeping support. If they made it in adult size, I would buy it in a heartbeat! : love:

(I may or may not have a secondary crush on a rearfacing MyRide... Narrowest wide seat I've ever met! : whistle:)

cpsaddict

Currently, it's my Safeseat. LOL! I was just thinking last night how cute it is. Second would be my, errr, DD's Frontier. I pink, sparkly heart it! :)

Phineasmama

I'm kind of obsessed with all my seats lol!

I guess my first true love would be the Marathon 65...

These days I'm obsessed with our ProSports, they are just so damn NICE!!

flutie128

Well, until this past weekend my favorite seat was DD's TF but I got the FR85 and I am in love. It is so awesome.

Kac

Ambassador - CPS Technician
Hm, I love my Radian more than words can say. And my Nautilus. I also love the ProBooster. I have a lot of crushes on carseats... I guess that stems from having a lot of crushes with guys. ;)

KaysKidz

Senior Community Member
I have a plethera of seats. Yet I can't stop drooling over the RA55. I don't need it. I just want it. I'm trying to give away my spares so I will have a reason to NEED it. ;) I was hoping someone would tell me I needed to buy a seat for my upcoming trip to Cali and then I could get it. Come to think of it, I may anyways. ;) LOL

PunkyMonkey

I have a crush on my ProRide lol... I just like looking at it... and my car too.... when I'm walking away from it I look back several times... hahaha I am strange though...... I rarely admit these things :)

abreuer88

I have a crush on my Britax Advocate 65CS in camooflauge! Its so cozy for lo and love how easy it is to install... And how can you go wrong with cow print! <3 love <3

jeminijad

I'm all about the Prosport.

And Brigala, your Dorel unease? I have it too. Unease is actually a great word for it- there are plenty of arguments why their products are fine to use, but my gut isn't happy with it.

lovemybabybug

MA70 in cowmoo. That is the seat I wanted and DH said no way we were spending that much on a seat. I love it though, and wish I had money laying around so I could buy it and use till dd got too big for it.

msg221

I love the Cowmoo FR85 sitting in my backseat. Sometimes I look in my back seat and just look at it! I love that super soft plush cover. I've always loved the cow, even when I had it on my MA70. It originally came to me wearing Allison then I bought the spare cover. I ended up selling the MA70 with the Allison cover, and now I still have the Cowmoo cover. I had it on Swap once, but got no takers. Anyway, back to the FR85. I can never get rid of it because I got it for $115 during the crazy Wayfair sale and it seems obvious that their clearance prices will never go that low again so I refuse to give it up, knowing I'll never find it that cheap again.

It is kind of the same way with my Plum RN RXT (it originally had Shadow on); I got that for $150 from Wayfair, and also know I will likely never get one that cheap, so I'm hanging on to it even though it is being removed from my car where the Graco Argos (Eliza) that has been sitting in the cargo area of my Highlander since Saturday will be taking its place.

The thing is, I am really trying to get the number of seats I have down to 3 that I can use for 5 FF kids and one RF. I posted a few days ago about getting help in deciding what to keep for the convertible. The majority said the TFP. I still have that and a MR, but I think the MR is going to go.

tm4d

In love with the True Fit too...stinkin' 35-lb. limit or it'd be perfect :mad: I feel like it's hard to even find a seat that compares. DD is still RF'ing @ 4yrs. but about to outgrow it by weight and she'd rather RF anyway. I've been looking at other seats (primarily the Radian) but it is soooo not like the big, comfy TF. Even looking at some of the 40-lb. limit seats I can't find anything I really like as much as the TF as far as roominess :(

momtotwogirls

To add to my love. its probably one of the Easiest seats I have EVER installed in any car for any reason. *sigh*

I got my new one today. Addy has about 5lbs left before she cant rf but I love it forward too and at the rate her torso is groing she can use it for awhile(I justified it by selling my CA :) )

Took less than a min for a rock solid install with LATCH in a Toyota Matrix and I got to move the front seat back one click(to where I would have it anyway) from where it was with the RN80 behind it. The front seat is touching but not pushing on it.
addytfp001.jpg

StillThankful

DH has a car seat crush on the EFTAs! He LOVES :love: them and won't let sell or give one away. Currently we have an EFTA 50 and EFTA 65:) He asked me "Why did you waste your money on other seats when all this time you could've just gotten these from the beginning?"

I have a car seat crush on the Britax Advocate in Anna--it's super pretty but I'm sure I'll never get it.

Jeanum

Admin - CPS Technician Emeritus
Staff member
I'm envious of the various higher ERFing capacity convertibles on the market now for ERFing to 40-45 lbs. that weren't available when my kids were younger and had maxed out the then max. 35 lb. RFing capacity convertibles. I also initially misread this thread's title as "carseat crusher" and pictured something like the junkyard car crusher machines but used for crushing expired/crashed carseats instead.:p

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC