Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

+ Reply to Thread
    MominMN

Smile Best convertible to ERF in 2003 Subaru Forester

Hello,

We will be buying new convertible car seats pretty soon with plans to keep our 18 month old son rear facing as long as possible. His current seats are both Fisher Price Safe Voyage Deluxes inherited from his 5 1/2 year old brother, and they expire this summer.

Our younger son is currently about 33.5" tall and 28.5 lbs. My husband is 6'4" tall so we'd like to find a seat that allows us to ERF while allowing us to move the passenger seat back as far as possible. Our older son is in a Frontier 85 behind the driver seat. I imagine that our younger son will be in his convertible car seats until our older son outgrows the Frontier 85 and he "inherits" those (many years away!).

We have two Subaru Foresters ('02 and '03) and are planning/hoping to buy a Sienna minivan this summer to replace the '02 Forester.

Hopefully this gives enough of the background info...I'm wondering what would be our best choice for new car seats for our little guy? Thinking about the MyRide 65, Complete Air, Marathon....do these or any others jump out at you as being clearly the best choice for our situation?

Thank you SO much for your advice. We have always gotten the best help on this website! You all do great work!

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

Admin - CPST Instructor wendytthomas's Avatar

Re: Best convertible to ERF in 2003 Subaru Forester

Of those I'd look at the Complete Air. The others aren't very tall for a big guy.

I'd also look at the Diono Radians with angle adjuster. They should fit well in your car. Also, the Maxi Cosi Pria, a cousin to the Complete Air.

Wendy
    wendy, cpst-i mom to
    piper, 7/26/02, 62", 108#, seatbelt, driving her own car
    laine 9/16/09, 54", 96#, Nuna Aaces, Diono Solana 2
    in my husband's 2018 Toyota Land Cruiser, my 2017 Volvo XC90, and big sister's 2016 Honda Civic
    https://www.car-seat.org/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1353&dateline=1552329  785

MominMN

Thanks Wendy! Will be doing some more reading about all of these....Thanks again!

Unregistered

Definitely not the MyRide. We have one of those rear-facing in our 2003 Forester, and it only fits in the middle seat.