Oregon meets Foonf.

Judi

CPST/Firefighter
:D

A few things.

This is a prototype. Things will change.

RFing beth path will move an inch forward.
Head rest will move about an inch back. It will then be 3 mm out from the seat.

_MG_9456.jpg

The crumple zone reduces the force by at least 40%.
Slots are 10.5"-17.5".
Will fit RFing in 26".

Ok, now that I got that out of the way, now for pics!

_MG_9454.jpg

This shows the two different fabrics. I am sensitive to fabrics. I can handle both of these!

_MG_9458.jpg

2005 Honda Civic. It takes up just a tad bit more room than the Coccoro. This is WITH the ARB!

05HondaCivic4.jpg

2002 Chevy Malibu

RFing center. View through mirror.

IMG_9486.jpg

View looking over shoulder.

IMG_9487.jpg

View outboard passenger, through mirror.

Malibu8.jpg

View looking over shoulder.

Malibu6.jpg

In the highest position, outboard. I have tried the BLVD here (well, other side), and I couldn't get the wings all the way up, but the Foonf did it! It touches, but barely.

WingsareNOTallthewayupbutalmosttouching.jpg

Malibu3.jpg

Malibu2.jpg

Now HERE is the cool stuff, that even got DH wowing.

Here is the radian outboard.

IMG_9495.jpg

1.5 fingers from seat. The seat is all the way back.

IMG_9496.jpg

Foonf.

Malibu5.jpg

A whole HAND!!

Malibu4.jpg

ADS

kidzndogz

Judi!! Thank you so much for taking those pictures of the view from the front seat!! You remembered. :love:

the seat looks totally awesome...but I have this weird thing about having my view blocked. I don't like not being able to see out my back window and I don't like not being able to check my blind spots by turning and looking. Side mirrors don't always show cars in your blind spots. This seat will most likely do both those things in my car. :( I love it though. Blah. Looks great FFing though!!!

Judi

CPST/Firefighter
Judi!! Thank you so much for taking those pictures of the view from the front seat!! You remembered. :love:

the seat looks totally awesome...but I have this weird thing about having my view blocked. I don't like not being able to see out my back window and I don't like not being able to check my blind spots by turning and looking. Side mirrors don't always show cars in your blind spots. This seat will most likely do both those things in my car. :( I love it though. Blah. Looks great FFing though!!!

Of course I remembered!

Oh, and a tad off topic. Yes, it can be used in all head rest position RFing, but chances are, it won't be used all the way up. It actually tested better FFing, than RFing with the 6 yr old dummy. This doesn't mean it did bad RFing, just that the honeycomb cartridge takes a lot of the force for FFing.

Brigala

CPST Instructor
Thank you for posting the pics! I didn't stop to see how much space there was when the seat was installed RF with the ARB. The front seat was scootched up too far for me to be able to drive in that pic, but there's lots of space to move it back. I think I'd need to try it on again before investing a bunch of money in one, but I suspect it would be fine in the passenger side with minimal forward-placement of the front passenger seat.

Judi

CPST/Firefighter
Thank you for posting the pics! I didn't stop to see how much space there was when the seat was installed RF with the ARB. The front seat was scootched up too far for me to be able to drive in that pic, but there's lots of space to move it back. I think I'd need to try it on again before investing a bunch of money in one, but I suspect it would be fine in the passenger side with minimal forward-placement of the front passenger seat.

It would probably fit with just one to two clicks from where you had it. I should be getting one, so it will make the rounds.

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
They said it tested better in MOST categories. I'm personally much more concerned about necks than chest Gs because, well, I've been living with a screwed up neck since age 9 or 10 after a crash. They are going to release data, though, right?

Cath3114

These pics killed it for me. I would not be able to deal with that enormous thing blocking my view. I always look behind me when changing lanes, no way I could see around that. My MA70 is high enough already. And I would not be ok with my kid's head that close to the roof of the car. Plus, I still think the fabric looks awful (though admittedly, I've never seen Clek fabric IRL).

I think we will stick with the plan of getting a Radian or the Peg convertible when we get closer to outgrowing the MA70 and TF.

robbertbobbert

I agree that it just sits too high for me. I would still love to try it in my car, but I doubt I could drive with it blocking my entire view.

WhatAboutPuppy

First off... "Oregon meets Foonf"... Chris meets Oregon!! Hahahaha he didn't know what to think of us! THAT was fun!

I'm very interested to see the data too. I was very intrigued by the talk of ride down ff and wonder what that means for head excursion exactly because in my mind I'm seeing it greatly decrease it ya know? Since a lot more force is going down instead of forward. Also, he talked about how far forward the headrest is from the seat back and though it won't be as drastic they are purposely not illuminating it. This is to mimic what we've seen from companies like Mercedes who, back in 2002, introduced their "pre-safe" technology which included a headrest that moved forward right at impact to lessen the distance to your skull and reduced whiplash... He pointed out that because the seat reclines so far ff that head slump "won't be an issue". I tend to agree but want to wait for real world application here but the pictures show just how far it reclines...

WhatAboutPuppy

image-2502232846.jpg

image-2509843668.jpg

This shows my notorious problem in my vehicle... You do NOT load a rf'r in any seat from the same side the seat is installed on. This is NO exception! Lol

image-826369152.jpg

View from over my shoulder... I've already learned to adapt here because my vehicle seats fold up and block that same back window... Also, my rear seat is stadium style so nothing lends itself well to my rear view.

image-2352663220.jpg

WhatAboutPuppy

I'm convinced that my next vehicle will be a C-class so after infant seat incompatibility with latch in one a couple weekends ago I was very nervous about this rigid latch business. The issue in the c-class was that the latch was darn near 20 feet above the seat it seemed! Chris was able to demonstrate in mere seconds what this would look like.

image-1207312021.jpg

Now, once installed the connectors would be IN the seat but you can see that the entire front of foonf is touching the vehicle seat.
I just realized my other picture doesn't show what I though it did so you'll have to believe me when I say the seat back touched the vehicle seat back ever so slightly (something that would be more snug once actually installed).

image-699956073.jpg

Yet another beautiful picture of Kari's daughter. :)

image-3703266406.jpg

4 across... Radian, CCO, foonf, chris. In a civic.

image-2862176220.jpg

And an awkward photo... Foonf fits rf in a yaris! True story.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC