Got our Regent today! Install pics and ?'s

monzogary

Senior Community Member
Ok, our Madison Regent arrived today from Albee Baby - and the seat is only 27 days old! So I do have to follow the "new" rules. I got in installed second row, passenger captain's chair in our '05 Odyssey with SBP, recline bar and tether. I did have to twist the buckle stalk a couple times, and I fought with the seat for about 20 minutes and had to pull out a few tricks, but it is in there solidly now. But I do have one question - I have the Regent a little off center in the seat, and it causes the recline bar to touch in different spots of the seat on each side. The edge of the Regent closest to the door sticks out just a bit further than the edge near the center of the van. Also, if someone can check the pics of my 6 yo in the seat, I am wondering if I can leave the harness in the second slots or if I should move them up one. I have tons of pictures uploaded, so here is a link to them all: http://picasaweb.google.com/monzogary/Regent
7-30-07%20089.jpg

Heather in the Regent, 6 yrs 8 mo 44# 43"
7-30-07%20099.jpg

Laura in the Regent, 4 yrs 4 days 41# 39 1/2"

ADS

AdventureMom

Senior Community Member
Congrats! And what a beautiful seat... :)

If I were you, I'd try to reinstall it and get it centered, as much as you probably don't want to do that right now... I think the straps are fine where they are on both girls.

monzogary

Senior Community Member
Congrats! And what a beautiful seat... :)

If I were you, I'd try to reinstall it and get it centered, as much as you probably don't want to do that right now... I think the straps are fine where they are on both girls.

Thanks! The only problem with having it centered was that I couldn't get it installed as tightly. The closer it was to the seatbelt buckle, the less I could tighten it. I did twist the buckle stalk 2 full times, but with the seat straighter, it put it closer to the buckle and it would hit the belt path before I felt it was tight enough. Do you think it is a big problem being at that slight angle? Right now if I try to move the Regent, the whole seat tries to move lol!

monzogary

Senior Community Member
Oh, the one annoying thing about our new seat is that they did not put a new instruction patch on the cover, they put the nasty old big sticker over the old one! :thumbsdown: How in the world am I supposed to ever wash the cover now? :mad: Other than that, the seat is really nice, and the fabric is super soft.
Any other techs have an opinion on the install as is?
TIA!

Defrost

Moderator - CPSTI Emeritus
If I were to try to install it, I'd try to get the recline bar farther into the seat bight, but with your belt stalks so far forward, I don't know that I could manage it.

ajweeks

I think it is ok for the top of the male end of the buckle to touch the shell. I have a Regent in an 07 Ody and mine is centered, no buckle stock twist and the top of the male end is touching and coming up into the belt path hole a tiny bit.

thepote

Looks great :thumbsup: - I have an 05 Odyssey too... it's good to know that the SBP will work!
Thanks

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC