Amuse me...vacation planning

KaysKidz

Senior Community Member
We are going to Disneyland this summer. :D If we drive, it'll be a no brainer as their seats will be in the car! But, we are considering flying IF we can get a good enough deal on airfare. We would be renting a minivan while in Cali. The boys will be 5 and Kaylee almost 3. I will also have a 15yr old. Most rental minivans appear to be 7 passengers. Not knowing what top tether options or size of fitting seats...not to mention using them on the plane or gate checking them....what would you use??

Patrick is over 40lbs and 43" tall. Ricky is 31lbs and 41". And Kaylee is 30lbs and 32". I have Radian's, but don't really want to fly with them or worry about install issues in Cali. I have a BV70 that would work for either Ricky or Kaylee. I can borrow my Maestro back. I also have a SK400 (but we get nasty head slump and I'd prefer not to use it). Otherwise, it's FR85s and boosters. Oh, and I can borrow a Safety 1st Onside Air or Evenflo Tribute. Both Ricky and Kaylee fit in these. The only harnessed seat that Patrick fits is the FR85, SK400 or Maestro.

What would you take for which kid?

ADS

flutie128

We are flying to Florida to go to Disney, Universal and Lego Land and will be renting a car. I am planning on taking the Scenera for DD to use on the plane and in the rental car.

I would probably take light seats like the Onside Air and the Tribute for the 2 that fit in those seats. They would also be easier to carry.

gigi

Maestro is AWESOME to travel with! I hook a gym bag strap onto the latch storage hooks and sling it right over my shoulder. And it fits great on plane seats!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC