Damaged box...send back?

kirst

I ordered two roundabout 55s and this is how they came! Would you use or send back for replacements? I ordered them from amazon and ive never had problems like this.

Last edited:
ADS

Lemonade

That merits a phone call and e-mail with pictures to amazon. Even if the seats are fine, that is not an acceptable way to receive a package. Whether is was amazon or the shipping company, they need to know.

laurengt

Lemonade said:
That merits a phone call and e-mail with pictures to amazon. Even if the seats are fine, that is not an acceptable way to receive a package. Whether is was amazon or the shipping company, they need to know.

Agreed.
I would probably demand new ones too.

kirst

Ill give them a call tomorrow and try to get new seats. ive never demanded new seats like this so how does this work? Are they pretty stubborn about giving you new ones (do you think ill hacve to put up a fight)?

kae

I'd call and email pictures and demand new seats. FWIW I've had nothing but good experiences with Amazon's customer services.

mom2kandm

I dont see why they would give u a hard time. You have 365 days to return the item, so if they wont work with u, return them. Just document everything so they cant turn around and tell u they can accept the return becuase of the box condition.

cmcki737

OMG! I have bought damaged boxes before and would not use that seat. Also I have never had an issue with Amazon but if they do give you a problem and they are an authorized retailer you contact Britax bc I'm betting they would have an issue with the way they came as well.

PunkyMonkey

Amazon is awesome in the CS dept... I got my Britax from there as well and it was a little beat up but you could tell the seat was still perfect... NOTHING like that. I would cry if it looked like that because I waited so long lol! Definitely return... that looks like it fell off the loading dock or something!

Stelvis

I sent one back for a damaged box to Amazon once...it was no hassle at all. Actually they sent me 2 simultaneous replacements due to some glitch, and I got to keep them both.

kirst

I was really excited to see the ups truck here until I saw the boxes. I couldnt believe how bad they were espically since it was both not just one.

Kobain's Mommy

I was really excited to see the ups truck here until I saw the boxes. I couldnt believe how bad they were espically since it was both not just one.

I'd be calling UPS!!! I will never pay them again to ship anything. I got my MA70 last week and the box was damaged (not that bad) and when I took the seat out the plastic bag was still in new shape. Then when I looked the seat over there wasn't any issues with the plastic. But UPS is getting lazier and lazier. It was pretty much just thrown on the shared sidewalk that is used between my house and the other half (twin house). DH even made the comment that it looked like they were to lazy to even walk fully up the sidewalk.

kirst

I called today and they were really nice and sent me the return lables. I decided to order frim somwhere else because they couldnt get me one until march 29th. :(

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC