Pics of Aeryn in the Foonf!

ADS

MommyShannon

Ok, now I want one. I used the CA this weekend and thought again that with a few changes it would be perfect. This looks like the "perfect" I'd pictured except for the price.

Spam

so cute! what car is it in? how much space did it take? I vowed not to like this seat, but the more I see it, the more I want it :eek: I wish it would come this way

Brigala

CPST Instructor
Stats: 18 months old, about 31" tall, nearly 26 lbs naked weight, more torso than leg but she's starting to even out.

Car: '05 Honda Civic. There's a Coccoro installed in the center. That is a super duper challenging car for 3-across, and there's not a lot of front-to-back space either.

It was cold and raining but I would have liked to have played with it a little longer for fit. Maybe Judi can chime in because she had a better viewpoint than I did overall. :)

The verdict: When the RF Coccoro is installed in the center, the Foonf fits like a glove on the seat FF (seat belt install). The only hitch is the door handle which will hit the Foonf slightly if you aren't careful about scooting everything over. It would have been interesting to try putting another Foonf on the other side to see if it still fit.

It's a little tougher with the Foonf RF. The Foonf can be installed RF in a couple of different modes, fully reclined or fully upright.

When it's upright, there is no anti-rebound bar. With the CCO installed in the center, the Foonf does not fit RF. Width-wise, it's fine, but the edge of the vehicle seat curves forward so sharply that the foot of the car seat does not contact the back of the seat except on the very outside corner. I am positive there would be no issue if I didn't have another car seat installed in the center. It also might work if I were to swap and put the Foonf in the center and the CCO outboard, but we didn't try it (and the height of the Foonf might be an issue in the center anyway because there's a pretty big hump). When it's reclined, you use the anti-rebound bar.

With the anti-rebound bar, in the reclined position, it is a tight fit, but it fits (and the door doesn't even come close to hitting it!!). The Rebound bar almost contacts the full vehicle seat back when you set it in, and if you tighten it down (which we didn't do) it should make full contact and be stable. The problem there is that it takes up more front to back space with the rebound bar. I'm going to need to play with it more in the future to see whether there's a happy medium which will allow sufficient/safe front seat space AND the reclined position with the bar.

By the way, a slight change has been made to the Foonf usage instructions; when it's upright (toddler mode, over a year old if I understand correctly; I was off chasing my tot when he was explaining all that) and the anti-rebound bar isn't in use, it can be rear-tethered. :) So you basically have options whether you use the ARB bar or the RF tether depending on your circumstances.

AtTheSouthDam

She is cute! I wonder if its going to make its way to Chicago.

From Facebook:
Here are the dates and U.S. cities where Foonf will be travelling in the next few weeks (Canada - stayed tuned as we will have dates for you too!):

Monday March 5th - Dallas - we will post which locations and times this weekend...
Monday March 12 - Minnesota
Tuesday March 13 - Chicago
Monday March 19th Boston
Wednesday March 28th Denver

As always, stay tuned for details....and if you live in/near a city that doesn't currently offer Clek products -- give us your suggestions as to stores in your area and we will do our best to reach them.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC