News Shadow cover and Sad Naked Monterey!

tam_shops

SCORE! Found my SKJP Monterey Shadow cover on ebay, so thrilled and crossing my fingers it fits the one I just bought! I posted a few times about which SKJP Monterey covers fit on which seats, didn't get much of an answer, kind of get the impression that since older kids use these seats people don't bother with a spare the same way they do for a convertible...Even tried Diono, got NO answer from them at all!

At any rate, since I'm Canadian, had no use for the seat, I made the lady an offer on the cover only, and she accepted! It *only* cost me $10 more than the Comfort1st one so I can live with that! LOL Though, I'd have been able to return that one if it didn't fit...

Sad part about it is that the lady is planning on throwing the new open box seat in the garbage after she ships me the seat. Makes me feel totally guilty and bad that I've aided in the waste of a seat! :eek::eek: Sigh....Would have been so great to have a spare for down the line when I'm using the main seat, especially at *that* price!

tam

ADS

tam_shops

First Diono said, "The new diono covers will not fit a sunshine seat."

Then, emailed back and said,

"Hi Tam, YOU ARE IN LUCK!!!! The Montereys are interchangable between the Sunshine Kids and the new Diono's! The Radians are not however but if you have a Monterey you may purchase a Diono cover to go on your Sunshine Kids."

Think I'll wait for someone HERE to try it and let me know the truth! LOL

tam

Brigala

CPST Instructor
Why would she throw away the seat?? :(

Heck, if it were cheap enough I might even buy the naked seat then scrounge for a cover. :p

tam_shops

Not a clue. Didn't ask any of the details of the seat...was kind of wondering if she had a NIB seat why she didn't return it or something...

I even waited awhile before paying b/c I was worried it was one of those deals that were too good to be true, like the Maclaren strollers! LOL

I waited, watched, and wanted an Onyx cover for so long that I finally decided I didn't want to go through that again and just grabbed it when it came up! Kind of stupid on my part since my $100 *deal* for my Monterey isn't so much a deal anymore when I paid an extra $50 for a different cover, though was going to pay $20 more for one from a different store (I don't like that store) and get one I liked better than *this* one, so, what's another $30 if it makes me smile for years to come! LOL

THOUGH, part of my drive was the stress of having a seat w/ a cover they don't make any more (what if something happens), now that I know the Diono *may* fit the SKJP Monterey seats (frankly i don't believe much the reps tell me in an email when they say, no, then yes), so who knows! LOL

tam

zactayaus

The covers are interchangeable on the SK and Diono Monterey's. I experimented myself a few weeks ago.

Here are some pics:

I only tried the headwings cause the bodys of the seats are exactly the same so I knew that part of them wouldn't be a problem.

Diono on left. SK on right.
103_0657.jpg

Diono on left with SK headwings cover. SK on right with Diono headwings cover.
103_0661.jpg

tam_shops

If I'd known, there wouldn't be a sad naked Monterey right now! LOL

At any rate, I don't think I paid anymore for it, though, I wouldn't have been as desperate to have/keep/get the colour and/or a spare cover for my seat b/c I could always buy a new one. Though, that being said, if I take care of them, In 5.5yr I'll be able to sell two covers. I *LOVE* that! :cool: Thanks for taking the time and going to the trouble to take the pics and try them!

tam

bubbaray

I'm not really understanding who has the naked Monterey, but I have a spare Monterey cover if someone needs it in the Lower Mainland area. It is pink and grey. It is from the original Monterey, not sure if it has been redesigned or ??

tam_shops

sherwin516 has the naked Monterey. I bought the cover only off an ebay auction. At the time, I'd been told by Diono that the Diono covers do not fit the SJKP seats. That was the cover I *really* wanted and it came up cheap enough (w/ a seat) that I was willing to pay. THEN, Diono came back and said the covers *do* fit and now Zactayaus has posted pics that they are in fact interchangeable.

I kind of thought about buying the entire thing and then re-selling naked or buying a cover, but I'm Canadian and the seat can't be used here so it just gets complex! And, of course it's an open box, which really only bothers some of us here, the rest of the world wouldn't think anything of it...

tam

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC