MORE Titan/Triumph comparison pics

bobandjess99

Senior Community Member
So, all these pics, I finally got mine uploaded. DD was NOT happy about modeling, she's really a gorgeous girl, she's just ticked in these pics, LOL!

anyway, in direct contrast to momma in a big truck's thread, these pics i believe demonstrate how LITTLE room my much younger, shorter, dd has to grow in these seats. NOWHERE near as much room as she would have in a Ma, FPSV, etc.

I think the moral of the story is...TORSO height is EVERYTHING!!!!!! DD is 2 yrs 10 months, and only 36 inches tall!!! Yep, a full 11 inches SHORTER than MIABT's son, -ELEVEN INCHES (her shoulders are maybe .75 inches below his??) I had removed all excesses padding from the seat, so this is dd sitting on the bare seat, sitting upright normally without slouching (more or less, lol, remember what i said about unhappy...) She weighs about 31 pounds right now. (and will be RF again once the Recaro seats come out!)

2007_07300066.jpg

Triumph
In this pic, the slot is about 1.25 inches max above her shoulders. (It won't STAY there, it kept sliding down, but at the highest I could possibly get it, there was 1-1.25 inches left - the "cut" in the fabric continues for another inch or so, but the straps absolutely will NOT go up any farther) She had leaned over to the side when i snapped it, so she isn't centered which makes it look like maybe there is a bit more, room, but there isn't when she is sitting up correctly.

2007_07300064.jpg

Titan
In this pic, the slot *appears* to be about 1.5 inches above her shoulder, but the actual slot in the shell is a full half inch BELOW the slot in the fabric, so there is barely an inch of usable space left in the Titan.

2007_07300063.jpg

This, for comparison, is dd in her Vision, with her shoulders just under the second highest slots. The top slots are hard to see, but just over the bottom of her ear, if you can see the mark where the top slot is. She has a full 2.25 inches to grow in this seat (but the weight limit is 40 pounds)

ETA: Sorry about these pics...they are edited and resized on photobucket so they are smaller and upright, but for some reason, they show up huge and sideways on here?? If someone knows how to fix this, let me know!

Last edited:
ADS

Jewels

Senior Community Member
I just saw the new Triumph at Target yesterday and thought it looked great! Mind you my model refused for the first time ever to get into a carseat so I could see how he fit. I really wish now that I could have convinced him to get in so I could see :rolleyes: Now I will have to get him in it and take pics this weekend while we are in the US and I can play with all these different seat that we don't have :love:

Chameleon

Aww she is beautiful!!!! She sure must be long torso'd.

They did say though they were NOT changing the slot heights on the Titan only the weight limits of the new one. Makes no sense but whatever. LOL

Jeanum

Admin - CPS Technician Emeritus
Staff member
Thanks for sharing the pictures, wow, mega long torso. I can relate with my long torsoed kids. Your daughter is gorgeous and has such amazingly long and voluminous hair. My 2 year old is barely beyond the cue ball phase of hair growth, and vigorously protests modeling carseats since I stuffed her back into an outgrown by height Safe Seat 1 for a "misuse" photo when she was 18 months old. :whistle: It's good to see how another long torsoed child of similar proportions fits in the new Evenflo seats. :thumbsup:

Patriot201

Car-Seat.org Ambassador
Great pictures, thanks!

It is amazing how different kids can be, isn't it?

She is beautiful, by the way. :)

snowbird25ca

Moderator - CPST Instructor
How high are the top slots on her vision combo seat? (It's not in the car seat measurements database.)

And what a cute little model your dd is. I just love her wavy hair.

I'm wondering if the triumph advance is one of those seats that when it's installed in a vehicle gives more room than when it's on a store shelf. With top slots the same size as the MA, you'd think it'd fit similarly torso height wise anyways. :confused:

littleangelfire

So, all these pics, I finally got mine uploaded. DD was NOT happy about modeling, she's really a gorgeous girl, she's just ticked in these pics, LOL!

anyway, in direct contrast to momma in a big truck's thread, these pics i believe demonstrate how LITTLE room my much younger, shorter, dd has to grow in these seats. NOWHERE near as much room as she would have in a Ma, FPSV, etc.

I think the moral of the story is...TORSO height is EVERYTHING!!!!!! DD is 2 yrs 10 months, and only 36 inches tall!!! Yep, a full 11 inches SHORTER than MIABT's son, -ELEVEN INCHES (her shoulders are maybe .75 inches below his??) I had removed all excesses padding from the seat, so this is dd sitting on the bare seat, sitting upright normally without slouching (more or less, lol, remember what i said about unhappy...) She weighs about 31 pounds right now. (and will be RF again once the Recaro seats come out!)

Triumph
In this pic, the slot is about 1.25 inches max above her shoulders. (It won't STAY there, it kept sliding down, but at the highest I could possibly get it, there was 1-1.25 inches left - the "cut" in the fabric continues for another inch or so, but the straps absolutely will NOT go up any farther) She had leaned over to the side when i snapped it, so she isn't centered which makes it look like maybe there is a bit more, room, but there isn't when she is sitting up correctly.

Titan
In this pic, the slot *appears* to be about 1.5 inches above her shoulder, but the actual slot in the shell is a full half inch BELOW the slot in the fabric, so there is barely an inch of usable space left in the Titan.

This, for comparison, is dd in her Vision, with her shoulders just under the second highest slots. The top slots are hard to see, but just over the bottom of her ear, if you can see the mark where the top slot is. She has a full 2.25 inches to grow in this seat (but the weight limit is 40 pounds)

I've never measured my son's torso - I really need to do that for comparison sake. :) I keep forgetting. He has an Evenflo combo seat (Chase DLX) in my mom's car, and I think it has the same top slots as the vision, he's on the top set of slots, with like an inch of room left, not that it will do any good since the seat only goes to 40lbs. :mad: He has about a half inch in the MA and had the same in the Triumph. I didn't try the Titan, he was pretty unhappy with me after the Triumphs. :D Although, your little girl looked very cute applying her lip gloss and looked pretty content in the last photo in the vision.

bobandjess99

Senior Community Member
Should be the same as the Chase and other Evenflo combo seats.

Yep, although honestly, I find the vision gives about 1/2 inch more, because the padding is SO thin, then the more $$ models, liek the chase - DD has to use the top slots in a chase, because her shoulders "just" go above the second slot, but as ytou can see, they are a good 1/4 incvh below the second slots in her Vision. (you'll note on the chart the "express" has slightly higher top slots listed than the Chase, the Vision matches the Express measurements, they are ALL the same shell, just with different padding. )

I have found that DD gets a LOT more room in her vision that in other seats with similar slot heights. I have to assume that it has something to do with he way the seat sits, it is VERY upright.
For example, the top slots on the Vision are 17 inches, whereas the FPSV/Ma is 17.5 - yet dd has MORE room ro grow in her Vision that in those seats!! Something about the shape/contour/angle of those seats takes off a good half inch, because she is like 1.5 inches from the top in those seats, and yet has 2.25 inches left in the Vision. :confused:

It's sort of an annoying choice......witha triumph, I'm sure dd would outgrow it be height before weight, therefore nullifying the last 10 pounds or so of weight allowed, but in the Vision/Chase, etc, she'll very liklely hit 40 pounds prior to hitting those high 17 inch slots, so either way, it's like getting gypped out of some of the seats usage, you know? 6 of one, a half dozen of the other...:whistle:

Had I known better when DD outgrew her comfortsport at 22 months *sigh* I would have gotten 2 Sceneras, and she could have still been RF this whole year, but we got 2 Visions - great seats, don't get my wrong, i love them, but not optimal for a 2-3 yr old that *could* have been RF, you know? (Or wait...I could have gotten a not-crappy seat from the get-go......or had a normal-sized not-ginormous child..LOL) Anyway....she'll be in a Recaro soon......

Yoshi

This is all very odd, because my DD has less than an inch left in a Chase/Vision and has 1.5" left in the Triumph Advance , .5" in a Marathon, and 2.5" left in her Radian. Her torso is between 14.5-15". Was the triumph Advance in the store reclined?

littleangelfire

You are absolutely right in it being a rather pointless choice - my son only has about a 1/2" left in the MA, but was barely over the 2nd to top slots in the Chase. At least he WAS before I realized he was 41lbs and can't use it now anyways! LoL I just bought it last October and now he's done with it - what a pain. Had I known then what I know now, I wouldn't have bothered with it, especially for teh $70 I spend on it, that could've gone towards a Regent...Too little too late I suppose. It is just kinda dumb. Although, in my son's case, he'll end up using the MA (or could've been the Triumph Advanced, same amt of room) longer b/c of the higher weight limit. So thankfully I'm not seat-less yet. I'll just have to move the MA constantly from my car to my mom's.
Amy

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC