Which seat would you keep?

agave

In June my oldest tuns 4 and will move from her XTLS to her Frontier 85 she really enjoys FF and I don't expect her to ever request to turn back around.

My 2 yr old is currently riding in a 7/08 Radian 80 with a boring champagne cover. My XTSL I think is 9/10 Flora. DD2 takes her leg room seriously and does not like the angle adjuster. The XTSL reclines just enough to start cramping space in the front, she seems very happy in her current seat.

So do I

A: Keep the XTSL and with the old RF boot and sell the 80

B: Put the flora cover on the 80 and sell the XTSL naked and sell the champagne cover or just keep both covers.

C: Sell both seats and buy a True Fit or a MySize (if it comes out in time)

D: I'm sure there is another option I'm not thinking of right now.

Weight limits aren't really an issue, she's skinny and I'll be very surprised if she hits 35 lbs before 4. I also have a mini van wit just 2 kids and no plans for more. As long as I have room for 6 people I'm happy.

ADS

momtotwogirls

I would sell both radians and get a TFP. Of course I have sort of a undying love for the TFP lol I am selling my CA65 and getting(ok already ordered) a TFP even though my youngest only has 5lbs before she cant ride in it anymore. If the TFP had a 40lbs rf limit I wouldnt even have a radian.

agave

Well my 2 yr old wants nothing to do with the XTSL even without the angle adjuster. I think she'd glue her little butt down in something blue. I need to try out a a True Fit next time I visit civilization.

tm4d

I would sell both radians and get a TFP. Of course I have sort of a undying love for the TFP lol I am selling my CA65 and getting(ok already ordered) a TFP even though my youngest only has 5lbs before she cant ride in it anymore. If the TFP had a 40lbs rf limit I wouldnt even have a radian.

I second all of the above. The TF is my favorite seat by far and I also agree that if it had a 40-lb. limit I would own nothing else. Never ceases to amaze me how much leg room RF kiddos have in that seat for how little space it can take up front to back. I'm currently in love with the removable headrest too. We got ours jut after dd passed that stage but I've had a little baby this week who can use it w/o and I just love how small it makes it.

agave

How would the True Fit cup holder hold up to a kid that might step on it getting in and out of the seat? Both kids have broken their snack pods on their radians.

honeydew

And I can't remember if you're a Dorel fan or not, but the Complete Air could be an option. It has loads of leg room even installed upright. Madi might be a little taller than E and her legs barely bend at the knee in the CA.

agave

The van is a 2006 and has advanced air bags. I'm assuming no touching or bracing because the manual isn't very clear on anything.

I'm not anti-Dorel but I do find some of their rules annoying. If you wanna play with some seats next time I'm in town we can let Emma pick. We could harass some BRU or BBB employees.

honeydew

Madi will be out of school so I'll have her with me. I'll have to work around her schedule but it should be fine. She'll love having someone her age to play with!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC