New Recaro ProRide covers.. and Euro?

PunkyMonkey

I looked for an existing thread on this already and didn't see one... I :love: the new colors they have for the ProRides!

This purple is ecspecially cute!
[ame="http://www.amazon.com/RECARO-Proride-Convertible-Seat-Riley/dp/B006WLDKVM/ref=pd_sim_sbs_ba_3"]Amazon.com: RECARO Proride Convertible Car Seat, Riley: Baby[/ame]

Looks like they didn't change the seat at all... I love ours, its an awesome seat but it is on the narrow shoulder width side and less legroom than our Blvd.

Also, looks like they have a new model out that looks just like the ProRide but its called the Euro?

Anyone know what the difference is other than the covers?

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/RECARO-Euro-Convertible-Seat-Bella/dp/B006WLDKTY/ref=pd_sim_sbs_ba_4"]Amazon.com: RECARO Euro Convertible Seat, Bella: Baby[/ame]

I like the material of these better than one I have which is all black microfiber, it looks like the same material of the Blue Opal but I might have to go see if BBB has any in stock to play :)

ADS

purplemama

I just bought a Euro in Emery. I wanted River but when I ordered it, it was sold out. The cover isn't microfiber, I don't know how to describe it. Like mesh that won't snag maybe? The head thingy is thinner than the proride and removable. You have to change harness height manualy on the Euro, on the Proride you turn a knob. Other than those two thing I think they are the same.
I have a Riley Proride on the way for my DD. I hope it's as pretty as it looks online!!
I love the Recaro seats so far, I don't know why they aren't popular here :confused:. They have a lack of legroom for RF but so does Britax.

PunkyMonkey

I love our ProRide it was just a huge blind spot in my Acura but I just bought a new Pilot so I'll have to try it in there! I really like all the new covers! My DD in the blvd looks like she has more legroom to cross her legs than the ProRide but she's only 14 mos so neither are an issue at all being that she's still small enough!

I still do not get why people turn 1 year olds around.... There is no way they are "uncomfortable" RF!!!

VoodooChile

So it looks like the ProRide/ProSport/ProBooster have generally the same covers, and the Euro generally has the same covers as the Vivo? We're considering a Vivo for dd, so good to know.

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
I just bought a Euro in Emery. I wanted River but when I ordered it, it was sold out. The cover isn't microfiber, I don't know how to describe it. Like mesh that won't snag maybe? The head thingy is thinner than the proride and removable. You have to change harness height manualy on the Euro, on the Proride you turn a knob. Other than those two thing I think they are the same.
I have a Riley Proride on the way for my DD. I hope it's as pretty as it looks online!!
I love the Recaro seats so far, I don't know why they aren't popular here :confused:. They have a lack of legroom for RF but so does Britax.

So basically, Euro:Como::proRIDE:Signo.

You may have noticed, the Britax convertibles aren't much recommended here either. ;) They're fine, just like the Recaros, with caveats. One caveat is the leg room issue. Another is the high base. They don't rear-face as long as other seats. So, they don't work for as many families in as many situations, especially when you add in the cost. Nothing wrong with them, just not a favorite for those reasons.

purplemama

So basically, Euro:Como::proRIDE:Signo.

You may have noticed, the Britax convertibles aren't much recommended here either. ;) They're fine, just like the Recaros, with caveats. One caveat is the leg room issue. Another is the high base. They don't rear-face as long as other seats. So, they don't work for as many families in as many situations, especially when you add in the cost. Nothing wrong with them, just not a favorite for those reasons.

I didn't mean recomended, I meant what people have and talk about. It just seems that the Recaro convertibles have the same drawbacks as the Britax but Britax seems more popular. Hmmmm, maybe the bubble? :D

NVMBR02

purplemama said:
I didn't mean recomended, I meant what people have and talk about. It just seems that the Recaro convertibles have the same drawbacks as the Britax but Britax seems more popular. Hmmmm, maybe the bubble? :D

That...and well...the Britax seats have been around longer, at least in the US market. Plus the fact Britax seats are widely available in store and the Recaro seats aren't.

PunkyMonkey

I would love to play with a SK/Diono to see the major differences but all we've owned for convertibles are Britax Blvd, Recaro ProRide and 2 spare cheapos the famous Scenera and the Evenflo titan sport.

I have a major bone with the titan as it would not get tight in my old car rear facing and I gave my Scenera brand new to a family in need so I really only know Blvd or ProRide lol.

I'd like to see the difference.. wish a local store had a Radian to play with! That and I just got a new mom mobile and want to try out everything in it lol!

Btw, KQ, I thought of your fam when I was looking for a new vehicle and between your accident and a friend at work's awful accident where her Honda & car seats saved their lives I chose to get a Honda Pilot! They should give you kick backs on sales ;D

Phineasmama

I just got a mom-mobile today, and since I put the ProSports in their for DD1 and DS, I have officially decided that DD2 needs a ProRide in Riley :cool:

Then everything will match and that makes me happy!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC