Discounts for parents of multiples

ADS

Jeanum

Admin - CPS Technician Emeritus
Staff member
Perhaps some of the posters who work at BRU could confirm or clarify it for certain, but I've heard BRU stores offer a 10% discount for multiples. :)

jebedyah

Babies-R-Us policy, from http://www3.toysrus.com/guest/faqs.cfm:
Does Babies "R" Us offer a multiple birth discount? We are pleased to inform you of our multiple birth discount. Babies "R" Us defines a multiple birth as parents with two or more babies the same age. We offer our customers 10% off two or more of the same items purchased in the same order (e.g. two cribs, two bedding sets, two strollers, etc.). The discount can not be combined with any other offers, including sale priced items, and applies to the following categories only: furniture, bedding sets and baby gear, including car seats, strollers, travel yards, highchairs, swings, gates, exersaucers/walkers and backpack/carriers. Double strollers and matching infant car seats are also eligible for the multiple birth discount. This offer is not available on any special purchase items. Corporate sales do not qualify for the multiple birth discount.

Here are a couple of lists of discount programs:
http://www.mostonline.org/membersonly/company.htm
http://www.twinslist.org/freebie.htm

ETA: Albee Baby does NOT offer a discount--I called and asked when we were ready to buy our sons' Boulevards. It was slightly cheaper to go through Albee than it was to buy at BRU with the discount.

Niea

A hint with the BRU discount. . .you don't actually have to have multiples. Or maybe it's just up to the checker. But we bought two carseats for DD (one for each car) and got the discount. I did specifically ask for the multiple discount, but the woman didn't bat an eye when I only had one kid with me. LOL For us, getting them at BRU was cheaper than ordering online. Oh, and the carseats weren't even identical either (one Decathlon, one Boulevard).

Tiffanie

A hint with the BRU discount. . .you don't actually have to have multiples. Or maybe it's just up to the checker. But we bought two carseats for DD (one for each car) and got the discount. I did specifically ask for the multiple discount, but the woman didn't bat an eye when I only had one kid with me. LOL For us, getting them at BRU was cheaper than ordering online. Oh, and the carseats weren't even identical either (one Decathlon, one Boulevard).

I was just going to ask about that. My one SIL is in the market for a new seat for my DN and I thought maybe her and I could grab a discount somewhere on two.

Niea

I was just going to ask about that. My one SIL is in the market for a new seat for my DN and I thought maybe her and I could grab a discount somewhere on two.

It's worth a try, indeed.

What I would do is know ahead of time which seats you guys want. Then one of you goes in by yourself, with no kids, and buys the two seats. Be sure to mention the discount because you won't get it automatically. Hopefully they'll just ring you up and send you on your way.

A friend of mine said that her local BRU wanted birth certificates or something, but she does actually have twins so it wasn't a problem for her.

Tiffanie

Thanks! I'll give it a whirl :) She's still in the process of convincing her husband they need a new seat (meanwhile they make 3x's as much as us and my DH wants to spend $60 more a seat just because it has butterflies. Amazing they are brothers)

Patriot201

Car-Seat.org Ambassador
Some stores will give you a very nice discount if you are buying large numbers (more than two) of the same thing at the same time. I know my friend was given a lovely discount by a local baby boutique when she bought eight Britax Roundabouts at the same time (one for each of her children in each of her vehicles).

If I recall correctly (this was YEARS ago), she was given 25% off the seats. That is a pretty nice discount. :) Granted, she still spent an absolute fortune. :)

Judi

CPST/Firefighter
Baby Depot has a discount. Has to be regular price, larger items, not clothes, etc. Buy one (car seat, high chair, crib) at regular price, get the second 20% off. If you buy 3, 1st 2 are reg. price, 3rd is 30% off. If you buy 4, 1st 3 and reg. price, 4th is 40% off.

kiramay

I've gotten the BRU discount when I've bought two of the same items. The items need to be the same (like two of the same carseats), and I've always made sure to ask. Its 10%.

However, I've found that Dana (at Delphi) is still cheaper. $220 for the MA, $240 for BV, plus exact shipping. (It was about $25 each to me.)

Also, Preschoolian shoes offers a 40% discount for multiples. You need to email them a picture and they'll send you a discount code.

flipper68

Senior Community Member
Kid's Stuff Superstore offers discounts for multiples.

http://www.kidsstuffsuperstore.com/

They're pretty small (SD, NE) and I'm not even sure you can order online with them. They're the only store in my area where you can see some of the high end seats IRL (Chicco, Britax, Radian, Jane).

They know carseats (features & mfg., not necessarily as a tech) and they have been generous to our Safe Kids program, allowing us to borrow seats for tech training.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC