News Recaro Proride can be used RF past 36 months!!

purplemama

Per Recaro customer service:

First email:

The age restriction has been taken out of the ProRide manual. However the weight and height restrictions must be followed.

Here are the guidelines for use of the ProRide:

A childCANuse the ProRIDE in theRear-FacingpositionONLYif:

• The child’s weight is between5and 35

pounds (2.3 kgand 15.9 kg).

• The harnessCANbe positionedATor

BELOWthe child’s shoulders, when the

child is seated in the ProRIDE.

• The child’s seated height* isLESS

than22.5 inches(57cm).

• When sitting in the ProRIDE the top of

the child’s head isNOTcloser than 1

inch (2.5cm) from the top edge of the

ProRIDE seat back.

*NOTE: A child’s seated height measures the distance from the top

of their head to the bottom of their tailbone, when they are sitting.

Second email (after I asked if it was retroactive):

The engineer says that it is “grandfathered” in to include prior models. Remember, the size and weight restrictions are what most make a seat suitable or not.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen / Best regards,

Carol Ruscoe

Customer Service Associate

ADS

djma

I had measured awhile ago for someone else. Here is the pic. This is with no compression.

And FTR - my 6 year old still fits. :p

(It is a proride - it's just wearing signo clothes. LOL)

MorgieBear'sMama

djma said:
I had measured awhile ago for someone else. Here is the pic. This is with no compression.

And FTR - my 6 year old still fits. :p

(It is a proride - it's just wearing signo clothes. LOL)

Weird. I just measured mine and came up with 17" with no compression.

Goid to know the age restriction was taken off. I was debating FF at 3 or buying more seats.

LISmama810

Admin - CPS Technician
purplemama said:
The engineer says that it is “grandfathered” in to include prior models. Remember, the size and weight restrictions are what most make a seat suitable or not.

Typically "grandfathered in" means that an older thing is NOT affected by a change, though they do seem to mean that older models are included.

I would have no qualms at all using the seat for a child older than 36 months who still fit, but I'm glad they're getting rid of that pointless and counterproductive restriction.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC