Need New Seat After Turning Forward?

TXGator

DD2 is almost 3 and we just turned her seat around. Are we better off keeping her FFing in her old seat (Complete Air) or should we go ahead and get her a dedicated forward facing seat (most likely Frontier)? Which is the safer option for facing forward?

Thank you!
-Heather.

ADS

Pixels

From a safety perspective it really doesn't matter. A forward facing harnessed seat is a forward facing harnessed seat. They all pass the exact same tests.

From a practicality/financial/environmental perspective, just use the seat you already own unless you need to pass it down.

Keeanh

I found the Complete Air to be a really nice forward-facing seat. In fact, I never did use it rear-facing because my 5yo laid claim to it. It's good for sleeping in because the headwings make great pillows :).

Eresh

And for a 3yo I think a CA fits great FF. thats what my son used and he liked it. you may be able to use it to booster age depending on the child and expiration date of the seat.

Jan06twinmom

I agree with everyone else that both are safe options.

Do you have a younger child to pass the seat down to? If you have a younger child that needs a seat to stay rear-facing longer, then it would make sense to pass along the Complete Air and buy a forward-facing only seat.

Melanie

TXGator

Thanks, everyone! She's my youngest so we don't have to worry about passing down the seat, I just didn't know if there was any advantage to switching to the Frontier (other than the cup holder, which I'm sure she'll start asking about eventually). Looks like I'll be saving a couple hundred and keeping her in the Complete Air for a while longer! Thanks again!!

firemomof3

Ya, the Frontier does have cupholders but we really liked the CA anyway. Here is my dd1 when she was 7y/o and at the top slots of the CA. She found the CA comfortable and the wings provided great support when sleeping :love:
CA004.jpg

honeydew

Some Complete Air models come with a cup holder, which can only be used forward facing. If you call Safety 1st, I'm sure they can give you info on how to get one. I'm short on time, or I'd search their website for you.

swtgi1982

Some Complete Air models come with a cup holder, which can only be used forward facing. If you call Safety 1st, I'm sure they can give you info on how to get one. I'm short on time, or I'd search their website for you.

If I look hard enough in my garage I am sure I have one you could have! (a cup holder that is)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC