Britax Frontier 85, Which Fabric - Livia, Maui Blue or Onyx

havasushannon

Which one is best for somewhere that gets up to 100 in the summer and is durable and most comfy? Livia, Maui Blue or Onyx?
Thanks!!

ADS
We just bought the Onyx in the beginning of Feb. So the jury is still out. I do like the fabric though, it's smooth, but it is DARK!! I would imagine if it is in the sun it would heat up quite a bit. I just ordered Livia last night and asked the same question before ordering. One lady said it did not clean easily, but I have had others say it wiped up well. I suppose it depends on what you are wiping up lol. So Im totally not helping I know:eek:. Sorry, good luck. I will say that I do :love:this seat as well as DD. She has no idea she is getting a "pink" one in the mail in a few days. She is going to be so giddy!! lol :D

glockchick

I'd say Maui. I've had a Maui Frontier and a Livia PW and the Livia is more nylon-y while the Maui is more like a cotton feeling.

That said, down here in South Texas, my FR 85 is wearing a Cowmoo cover because DD wants it. She'll pick cow over anything else any day despite the temperature and to be honest, I haven't noticed that it makes that much of a difference anyway.

havasushannon

Thanks for the replies. I called Britax but they weren't much help, just stating that it was preference. And AlbeeBaby said both the Onyx and Livia are made out of Polyester.

msg221

I haven't seen a Livia "in person" but I had a Maui Blue for half a minute, then sold it and bought a Cowmoo cover from another member here. I just didn't like the color or the scratchy feeling of the fabric. But that's just me. Zain may not have cared, but I still have to look at the seat in my car every day! The Onyx is a slick feeling polyester, like rip stop nylon. I don't mind that one, but still prefer any plush fabric like the Cowmoo any day! It gets pretty hot here in Phoenix, and I never had issues with the Cowmoo cover that I had on a MA70.

NVMBR02

I have a Livia Parkway SGL and a Maui Blue Frontier, the Maui Blue cover is my favorite! I love cowmoo too, I have had many cowmoo cover over the past few years. I don't find the Maui Blue to be scratchy at all, it isn't plush but I find it to be soft.

agave

Which ever one you like best. I got a Liva last summer I think we had over 100 days over 100, it was freakisly hot. My 3 yr old didn't complain at all for the 3 weeks I let her ride in it before turning her back RF. My nephew got an Onyx Parkway last summer too is happy with it. My Maui hasn't been through a summer yet but I'm sure it will be fine, it's the one I'd sit in if I needed a car seat.

MunkyCrazy

We just got a Maui for DS1. I like it ok. I really wish they made more plush covers. I love the Sandbox on his EFTA that he passed down to his brother.

havasushannon

My mom took her into a store today that had Livia and Onyx (I couldn't make it), and my daughter fell in love with the Livia but mom said the Onyx seemed more durable. Gonna try to get myself there to see it in person, but if that's true, not sure how I'm going to talk her out of the Livia.

Jessica61624

havasushannon said:
My mom took her into a store today that had Livia and Onyx (I couldn't make it), and my daughter fell in love with the Livia but mom said the Onyx seemed more durable. Gonna try to get myself there to see it in person, but if that's true, not sure how I'm going to talk her out of the Livia.

IME the livia and onxy are the same type of material.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC