Graco ComfortSport.....

ADS

Victorious4

Senior Community Member
It should, yes: just remember that it must not move more than 1" at the belt path (make sure to follow both carseat + vehicle manuals) & although the center is furthest from impact, if you can achieve a more secure install outboard then that's the safest place -- I don't think it should push the front seat too far forward, but if so then hopefully that passenger can ride in the back.... Also, you may need to use the locking clip > http://cpsafety.com/articles/lockincss.aspx

What is the child's age, weight, height? What is your budget?

all together ooky

Have you already bought the seat? Most kids outgrow the Comfort Sport by height at very early ages (some at 18 months!). The top slots are super short.

There are better options in all price ranges.

CandCfam

It has the shortest top harness slots of any convertible on the market. You will have to replace it in a year to a year and a half. It only has a 30 lb rearfacing limit. :thumbsdown:

For your budget may I recommend the Safety First Uptown?

http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=5515915 (it's cheaper in the store)

Ditto, except our Walmart store raised the in-store price too, not just online.

ETA: It's still $99.99 online at Target, so probably in store as well.

sfeitler

My (admittedly long-torsoed) DD outgrew the Comfort Sport rearfacing at something like 16 or 18 months, and because of the way the seat is designed, had already outgrown it forward-facing at that point. Add in that it's often a real pain to pull the harness adjuster rear-facing, and I'd never recommend this seat for any reason. I regretted buying it every time we had to use it (it was a backup seat).

The Uptown, or if you want to go cheaper, the Scenera, are better choices.

-Sarah

solmama

The Fisher Price Safe Voyage Deluxe is a good option as well. Although a bit more than $100, its $129 at albeebaby, babyuniverse, and usually with free shipping. It's made by Britax, based on the Marathon shell, and is overall a great seat. Britax seats are know for their ease of install, and we've had no trouble getting this seat into a number of different vehicles. This seat cannot be tethered rear-facing, however.

skaterbabs

If the Uptown is out of your price range, go for the Cosco Scenera. Its not as nice, and is shorter, than the Uptown, but is only about $40-$60.

Jordynsmama

The CS fit my dd untill she outgrew it at 40lbs. She was roughly 40". This was not even a yr ago. She used it until last Oct/November or so.
Anyway, but there are better seats obviously. It was very padded and comfortable and installed easy. But it wasn;t all that great looking and of course only goes to 40 lbs, ect. So a FPSVD would be way better.

Jordynsmama

Maybe :confused: She has short legs tho...so IDK. She has a big head :) but no I actually do not think she has a shot torso.
Maybe possibly her shoulders were over the top slots and I overlooked it? But they couldn't have been to much over. Not like an inch or anything.

MommyofBoogieBear

i'm going to chime in too. i had the comfort sport twice....and out grew it WAY TOO soon. i didn't know that there were any options that would be better at the time. very easy to install though. and somewhat comfy...but hard for the kiddo to sleep in. then you end up spending more money in the long run...b/c before you know it...they have out grown it in height.

nurse_reedle

We had the Comfort Sport and our SHORT son outgrew it at 25 months. He is in a Regent now. I wish we had purchased something else, but at the time, it was our best option for the vehicle we were putting it in. (Chevy 1500 extended cab....a 96).

Victorious4

Senior Community Member
9months/20lbs/28 1/2inches. My budget is under 100 dollars. Why is comfortsport bad?

It has the lowest RF limit -- AAP + NHTSA urge parents to keep kids RF for as long as possible (12 months 20# is the absolute bare minimum to turn FF) because it's soooooo much safer....

The Uptown has the highest RF limits & tends to fit kids longer FF as well, it's easy to use, lightweight, has EPS foam (like bike helmets) & comfy padding. I would definitely prefer the Uptown over the Comfortsport -- if it's too expensive, I suggest taking a good look at your finances to see if there's any way to possibly squeez out a bit more $ but if not, then the Scenera would even be more preferable than the Comfortsport (Uptown is like the Scenera except the Scenera lacks the EPS foam & comfort).

LuvMyGirls

I have two ComfortSports and I love them. Meredith is not a big kid at all, but at 14 months 22 1/2 pounds and about 29" she has plenty of room for growth. At 20 pounds and 28" your little one is about the same size Meredith was at 9 months - 19lbs 10oz 28". Unless her torso is really long (Meredith's is about 11" now at 14 mths) I think the ComfortSport would be a good seat for you.

I have a friend who bought one a couple of weeks ago for her 2 1/2 year old neice that she babysits. She said her 5 1/2 year old daughter likes the ComfortSport better than her own bpb and climbs into it when the neice is not with her. I just called her and asked her to check how the straps fit her 5 1/2 year old. She said she is right at the top slots but not over. Her kids are a little on the small side, but not total shrimps.

If it were me and the budget was a little tight, I would get an $80 ComfortSport for now (Target actually had them on clearance for $55 if you can still find one) and put a few dollars a month back for a more expensive high weight harnessing seat when the baby needs a new one in probably two years or so.

sfeitler

I have a friend who bought one a couple of weeks ago for her 2 1/2 year old neice that she babysits. She said her 5 1/2 year old daughter likes the ComfortSport better than her own bpb and climbs into it when the neice is not with her. I just called her and asked her to check how the straps fit her 5 1/2 year old. She said she is right at the top slots but not over. Her kids are a little on the small side, but not total shrimps.

Seriously? A 5-year-old who fits in a ComfortSport? Wow. Maybe they've changed slot heights.

I would not buy a CS before looking at my child in the seat, installed in the car, to see how they fit. To OP, checking on the shelf is not the same--seats fit differently when they're installed.

-Sarah

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC