Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

+ Reply to Thread
    CPS Fanatic

Hotel/resort transport. How safely do this?

OK, so what do you do here?
    Husband mentioned maybe Puerto Rico next year. I said "with the kids?"
    If you were spirited enough to take 4 little kids there, how do you safely get from the airport to the resort?

During our honeymoon a shuttlebus picked us up and took us on highways, etc.. I can't imagine bringing kids and toddlers unrestrained on a hotel bus, and we won't all fit in a cab (let's say I had boosters/seats with me). And hotel buses vary widely. We'd probably not know what would pick us up.

So how do people get from the airport to their hotel on any sort of island or vacation? I'm just imagining in a crash toddlers going flying if they are not restrained.
    Seatbelt and 59" (9 YO)
    Harmony Youth (8 YO)/Clek Olli (6YO)
    Harmony Dreamtime (5 YO)
    Clek Fllo (3 YO, RF)/Graco 40 (15 months)
    + 2 Recaro Performance boosters in spare car

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

Admin - CPST Instructor wendytthomas's Avatar

Re: Hotel/resort transport. How safely do this?

I'd be fine with a shuttle bus or full size bus.

Wendy
    wendy, cpst-i mom to
    piper, 7/26/02, 62", 108#, seatbelt, driving her own car
    laine 9/16/09, 54", 96#, Nuna Aaces, Diono Solana 2
    in my husband's 2018 Toyota Land Cruiser, my 2017 Volvo XC90, and big sister's 2016 Honda Civic
    https://www.car-seat.org/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1353&dateline=1552329  785

Re: Hotel/resort transport. How safely do this?

hi, are you planing in staying in the hotel all the time? the traffic from the airport to the hotels is very heavy, and if it is a resort then they are a little farther away and even in a bus i recommend to you that you use car seats. the taxis don't have car seats here. if you plan in leaving the hotel to visit any place here then i highly recommend you to bring your car seats. even if the taxis said that they don't need car seats by law here they do. i love my island and it is a great place for a family vacation but this people here don't drive good/safe at all and the traffic is usually heavy. in my opinion as a resident here is to bring car seats at least for your younger 2 and bring something like a lite rider for the 2 oldest, if you are planing in leaving the hotel to visit the island. i know that your family will have a great time here.
    Lourdes
    mom to Amanda Victoria 6 y/o in a Graco Turbobooster and Sofia Victoria 5 m/o in a Safety 1st On Board 35 Air