Baby Jogger Versa Delayed; Now What?

unityco

Ambassador - CPS Technician
I was flitting around the web tonight looking for the Baby Jogger Versa stroller, which was supposed to be released (in the U.S.) in February. Turns out it's been delayed, new release date is sometime in July. :thumbsdown: I don't know if I want to wait that long for my 'forever' stroller. :(

Right now I have a Mosaic that I'm using with DS2's carseat. I got the Mosaic because I figured it would fit behind the 3rd row of our Kia, since it's an umbrella fold. It does not, and it's not a great stroller. :thumbsdown: Once DS2 is old enough, our old Volo will be our 'squeeze behind the 3rd row' stroller. I also didn't realize how much heavier the Versa is compared to the City Mini (24 vs. 17lbs.) I loved the featherweightness of the BJCM. However, having DS2 be able to face me is something I strongly desire. I could *maybe* be convinced to give that feature up, but I'd probably end up regretting it. I also stumbled across the BJCM GT which is intriguing for it's increased capacity and better wheels (but it's heavier again.) :scratcheshead:

Maybe I should be looking at the Zapp Xtra again, since carseat compatibility isn't really an issue any more. :shrug-shoulders:

So what do you suggest I do? :eek:

ADS

mcomommy

I don't know but I am super bummed, I really wanted to Versa too, and sooner than that. Isn't there a new Graco that can face you?

canadiangie

I was flitting around the web tonight looking for the Baby Jogger Versa stroller, which was supposed to be released (in the U.S.) in February. Turns out it's been delayed, new release date is sometime in July. :thumbsdown: I don't know if I want to wait that long for my 'forever' stroller. :(

Right now I have a Mosaic that I'm using with DS2's carseat. I got the Mosaic because I figured it would fit behind the 3rd row of our Kia, since it's an umbrella fold. It does not, and it's not a great stroller. :thumbsdown: Once DS2 is old enough, our old Volo will be our 'squeeze behind the 3rd row' stroller. I also didn't realize how much heavier the Versa is compared to the City Mini (24 vs. 17lbs.) I loved the featherweightness of the BJCM. However, having DS2 be able to face me is something I strongly desire. I could *maybe* be convinced to give that feature up, but I'd probably end up regretting it. I also stumbled across the BJCM GT which is intriguing for it's increased capacity and better wheels (but it's heavier again.) :scratcheshead:

Maybe I should be looking at the Zapp Xtra again, since carseat compatibility isn't really an issue any more. :shrug-shoulders:

So what do you suggest I do? :eek:

Does the Zapp Xtra fold the same way the Zapp did? Like origami for strollers? I had a Zapp, for about two weeks, and felt like a complete idiot trying to fold and unfold it. I sold it's hot pink butt on kijiji and never looked back. :p Fast forward to my BJCM that basically folds itself, and I simply cannot imagine dancing with a Zapp again. Good lord, just thinking about it makes me cringe, lol. I realize I'm going to get told that I'm clearly insane for not loving the Zapp, but I thought I'd post anyway. But maybe the Xtra folds differently. I should go look... Hmmm, now I'm curious.

unityco

What about the Baby Jogger City Select? Or the Bugaboo
Too big and pricey

Quinny Zapp Extra
It's a contender, but its fold and small seat are detractions.

Bumbleride?
I don't remember what I didn't like about it; I'll have to look again. :shrug-shoulders: ETA: I think its fold seemed bulky for me and the 45lb weight limit was lower than I'd like, however on second look, it's more appealing. :thumbsup:

:thanx!: Looks a bit bulky and it's heavy too.

mcomommy

Bummer, it is so hard to find the perfect stroller! lol Honestly if you think the Versa might be your forever stroller (it looks pretty awesome) I would just wait for it. It think that is what I am going to end up doing because everything else is out of my price range or not quite what I am looking for other reasons and is not a Baby Jogger :D

Or you could just buy something you don't like as much and sell it when the Versa does come out :p My dh is tired of me doing that though :eek: so that is why I think I am just going to wait.

YinzerMama

What about it exactly is it that you craved? It has a lot going for it and I was looking forward to seeing it as well but I don't know if for all that is was perfect. I find the wheels odd. Huge basket, awesome! Can be folded rf or ff, awesome! But I find the wheels - all the same + foam - kind of weird...

I am also on a face-me stroller quest - I have (might be returning) a sola which I can't reccomend at this time due to possible wheel/frame issues as well as a b-ready that just came today which has promise.

mcomommy - which graco reversible do you mean? They have a few. I am familiar with two - the flip-it and the quattro reverse - neither would I reccomend.

eta - your baby is young enough that if for now you have a bucket + stroller system you will have a facing you solution until July - so you'll be good.

unityco

What about it exactly is it that you craved?

I really like the BJCM, and this seemed to be the same thing but with a reversible seat. On closer inspection a lot of what I like about the BJCM is lost in the Versa (light weight, smaller fold) but I couldn't really compare since I haven't been able to handle a Versa yet. :shrug-shoulders:

Meg

I don't own any of these strollers, but here's a few more you could look into since they reverse.. Quinny Buzz, Maxi Cosi Foray, or The First Years Wave. I have a BJCM and I really love it, but I do miss have a reversible seat like I did with my oldest (back then I had a Fisher Price Infant to Toddler Stroller).

YinzerMama

cupcakepirate11

I like the zapp a lot, yes it does take some getting used to fold wise there are two buttons on the side you press one, it stays depressed then two and push the stroller forward and then the third button on the bottom you depressed and push in. It takes me just as long to fold a Mac or other stroller.
I would have gotten the xtra if I could afford it. taking the seat off doesn't look like a huge pain but it is an extra step!

oakster

We have the Uppababy Cruz, and really like it. Specs (and price) are very similar to the Versa---main difference for us was that we needed it last fall and Versa wasn't due out till the winter, so it came down to timing. Really glad I didn't wait for the Versa now--July?!? The Cruz fold is not as good as the Baby Jogger fold, but it's not bad, and it's lighter than the Versa sounds like it will be, too.

Melaine

Do you guys know anything about the Indigo? The reviews are so-so on Amazon but I've read good things on the Baby Bargains Board (my cyber "home") and the features seem great for the price. It does look pretty heavy though. I was considering buying it for the infant stage and then selling and getting a BJCM for later.

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/First-Years-Indigo-Stroller-Urban/dp/B002WB2GL6/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1330259647&sr=8-1"]Amazon.com: The First Years Indigo Stroller, Urban Life: Baby[/ame]

unityco

Hmm, I just read something that suggests the Flyer might fit in the third row of a Mazda5! :eek: :thumbsup: I don't see how it's possible, but it's very intriguing!

YinzerMama

I looked at an indigo and hated it. It looks wonderful but it was incredibly hard to steer. I fiddled every which way I could with the wheels and couldn't figure out anything wrong other than the stroller was horrible. There's always a chance the flood model is just a bad one but there are a lot of complaints about this in the reviews. I think they just don't hold up well.

tmahanes

We have an Indigo and I love it. We have used it tons and I haven't had any issues with the push. I can easily push one handed.

KristineML

Oh... I think I heard of that one a while back but have never seen it. Read of it recently and assumed it was only in the european market but I guess you can get it here.

Looks worth checking out - seems like it offers more legroom than many of the reversable strollers, where the foot rest seems to high up.

Now I want to see one!!!

Checking the specs on the Graco page and that thing weighs almost 27lbs.

YinzerMama

I cut my mommy teeth on a Graco quattro and never did learn to care for light weight strollers. I prefer solid and tank-like. The weight doesn't bother me so long as the push is good. YMMV.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC