Last minute invite!

Jessica61624

My dad called last minute and asked to take ds to the globetrotters game tonight! It's a big deal to me because my past with my dad so I want him to go! Any how now all i can think about is car seats of course! He drives a 2002(I think) navigator with leather seats. The only reply I found on the Radian successful install thread was ff and it mentioned needing better shelf liner. Does anyone have experience with a navigator around this year? How do the belts lock?

I don't want to be fumbling with it. My other thought was installing dds frontier for him. He just turned two so I hate to se him ff but I know it will be easier to buckle.

ADS

EmmaCPST

CPST Instructor
Should be the same as an Expedition - switchable retractors, probably no LATCH. If you do install FF, if it's the same as an Expedition the tethers will be fabric loops on the base of the seat back, they're not metal anchors.

T4K

I know that in my 08 Nav the Radian over reclined RF. I know that's a newer body style. I'd also search for anything involving an expedition since they are cousins.

I think you'll be fine FFing without shelf liner. I think that's outdated practice.

Jessica61624

Thirsty4Knowledge said:
I know that in my 08 Nav the Radian over reclined RF. I know that's a newer body style. I'd also search for anything involving an expedition since they are cousins.

I think you'll be fine FFing without shelf liner. I think that's outdated practice.

I didn't know that about them! Off to search for the expedition!

Mags462

This is strictly my opinion on a similar situation - we just left DS3 with my inlaws for 2 nights to take DS2 to see the FBB. I have shown these people for 2 years now time and time again how to install the TF they bought RF. And they never.do.it.right. Ever. But FF - that thing is technically perfect. I don't know why the RF just doesn't click. but they live out in the country and are always switching around the seats between the large truck, small truck, suv, and car :rolleyes: depending on what adventure they are going on so installing it and telling them to leave it just doesn't work. :( Prior to this, DS3 has never stayed with them (and my other children were nearly 3 when i reached this delima with them)..... so what to do? I was stressing - really stressing. And i realized it is better to have a correctly installed seat FF than an improperly installed RF one. DS3 is two, and while NOT how he will ride full time - for the trip out in the country with the grandparents which happens once a year at best, i was going to make my peace. So he rode FF for the first time ever for the last 36 hours. He maybe spent a whole of an hour actually IN a car, but it was hard to let go of the issue.

I just wanted to share my thought process in hopes to assure you that you are the mama and just go with your gut - whether thats RF or FF. How fun for your DS! Kids love basketball! He's going to have a blast! :)

Jessica61624

My dad just go here 30 minutes early! We had all just woke up from a nap so I was already feeling rushed. I went ahead and put his Radian rf and it fit great! It wasn't touching the front if the seat and was pretty upright.

Thanks meg for sharing. Ill have to keep that in mind in the future.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC