Recaro Euro part 1: Stats & tidbits

purplemama

My Recaro Euro has arrived. I won't be able to install or get pics until later today. So for now I thought I'd post some stats on the seat and a few things from the manual.

*note: all measurements are approximate (I've never measured before, I did my best)

Internal seated height - 25
Top slot - 18
Bottom slot - 10
Internal seated depth - 10
Depth to crotch strap - 5.5
Space between harness straps - 2(bottom) 2.5 (top)
Internal width bottom - 12.5
Internal width top - 11.5
External width bottom - 19
External width top - 17.5

The manual states that for RF the child must have a seated height less than 22.5 inches and their head must not be closer than 1 inch from the top of the seat. It DOES NOT say any age unlike the Proride (which says 36 months). It does say per. AAP and NHTSA to RF to at least 2 but Recaro recomends RF to the limits of the seat.
For FF the manual also states that for FF if ANY portion of the head is above the seatback then there must be a vehicle headrest support. And there is a standing height limit of 50 inches for FF.
The manual states that due to variations in vehicle LATCH limits they require to stop using LATCH when the child is 52 lbs.
The manual states than the head cushion is not required.It is suggested to be used as long as comfortable. Strongly recomended for the first 2 slots and optional for the top 3. The seat is just as safe without the cushion.
It says NOTHING about the bottom cushion.
Seat has the "safety stripe" system which is white stripes down the outside of the harness straps. It's suposed to make it easier to tell if the straps are twisted.

I don't like the head cushion, it falls down constantly. Not a big deal.

The leg room is severly lacking. No surprise there.

I do like it so far, the harness adjuster is so smooth and tightens all the way very easy. Easy to get child in and out without loosening (similar to Britax).

Pics of installs both RF and FF yet to come!!!!

ADS

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC