Which Britax seats came with this cover?

lovemybabybug

My friend has Britax seat her daughter grew out of. She is clueless about it. She bought it in 2007 because someone told her Britax was best, so that is what she got. Found a picture on her fb page, it has a pale pink cover with bkg yellow flowers. It has HUGS. What seats had that cover? I am trying to figure if it has lock offs or it won't be worth the trip to go get it. It is in storage and she doesn't want to go dig it out if I don't want it, but I only need it if it has lock offs.

Last edited:
ADS

msg221

Re: Which Britax seats came in Ashley Floral and Mariposa?

I had a BLVD that I bought in 2009 that was the Madison print, yellow with pink flowers; the Mariposa was yellow with pink butterflies and it had lock offs.

canadiangie

Marathon.

Ashley is yellow with pink flowers, Mariposa is yellow with pink butterflies.

lovemybabybug

Nevermind. I dug a pic out of her fb . Its pale pink with big yellow flowers. And it has HUGS.

lovemybabybug

I am not an expert on Britax, but it think I read that RAs don't have HUGS, which means this is a MA and therefore has lock offs, correct? If so, is just a matter of finding out the expiration date. I really really hope it is good till may, I only need it until then.

Kobain's Mommy

It's a Brooke Marathon and has lock offs. That was the cover on the MA we just traded in when we got it. It's a cute cover, kinda wished I had kept it. But at the time we got it, there was not even the thought of baby girl.

lovemybabybug

Thanks! Yay for lock offs. Really really hope it is not expired. She got it when her baby was 5 month old which was Feb 2007. It doesn't mean much, if she got an older seat it might as well be expired, but I am hoping for a good DOM.

Kobain's Mommy

Our's expired in April so there's a chance it may hold out till May. I would have sold it to you, until I found the huge crack in the base. I think my cousin or one of her kids dropped it hard. I had just gotten it back from them a few weeks ago.

lovemybabybug

I hope so. Again, I only need it for a month and do not want to spend too much money. Since she is giving this one to me, it would work out perfectly. Intimately I could take the scenera to Brazil and deal with the locking clip but I really don't want to. And eeeek on the cracked seat. Glad you were trading it in and didn't use it like that for too long.

Kobain's Mommy

It hasn't been used since Oct. It was our backup seat. After I had DD my cousin took DS for a few hours a day to give us a bit of a break so it was installed in her SUV. She's had it in their storage shed since then. She's got 3 boys; 13, 11, and 8 years old; so I wonder if one of them was playing around with it in her shed. I knew it expired soon so I asked for it back to trade it in. Then you said you wanted it, so I checked it over and found the crack. We got a perrty new MA70 for my van. My back up seats now are an Evenflo Titan I got at a SK's class DH and I took when DS was a baby. And an Evenflo Maestro that my mom bought during the trade in (she found a seat on the side of the road and picked up). I figure those don't even have $100 worth of value together for my out of pocket cost so if something happens to either I won't be to heart broken.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC