DS sleeping in the Maestro

aym4Him

First time sleeping FF, too. I have been anxious to see what it would be like since we have a long road trip next month (but he may be in the GN then). He complained that he wanted out a little before I turned around & saw this:

image-3173794207.jpg

Looks uncomfy to me but he didn't wake up til we got home (at least 30 minutes).

ADS

aym4Him

:-D Thank you!!

He is 3 yrs & almost 3 mos old.

I think I'm going to make some strap covers for it (thin fleece). Have any of you used the stick on Velcro before? Just wondering how it will hold up.

glockchick

Can you sew at all? I made some of 2 layers of flannel. I got a little fancy and turned and top stitched and then sewed them together, but with fleece you could just sew it right sides together and then turn it right side out. Here's mine.
af334118.jpg

aym4Him

Can you sew at all? I made some of 2 layers of flannel. I got a little fancy and turned and top stitched and then sewed them together, but with fleece you could just sew it right sides together and then turn it right side out. Here's mine.
af334118.jpg

I remember seeing those- they are super cute!

I cannot sew. My MIL can (she made DS a cool nap mat cover for his kindermat) but I'm still waiting on some Thomas the Train pillow cases from before Thanksgiving. :p They are using a Maestro, too, and I gave her some covers from a GN (for a template!) and told her what Evenflo told me about material to use, etc. Maybe if she whips up a couple for their seat she will do so for ours, too. I thought Velcro could be cool so we could take them off w/o having to remove the harness straps but when I looked at the sticky kind, all said "not recommended for use on fabric." Maybe I can get her to sew a couple of Velcro dots on or something...

Yes, I need to learn to sew. I WANT to! My mom was so good at that! If she were only here (she'd hound me for not learning by now, for sure! LOL)....

Jillybeans5

I made strap covers for my maestro out of toddler sized knee socks. They even match the trim of the seat. Mine look a little like cable knit but they are thin, I cut off the foot and the top band. They work perfectly and required no sewing.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC