Tech course - Lower Mainland BC - ~April 27-29

tam_shops

Missed the JI one, again. I know that's for the best, but I *really* want to be certified more than ever now. To think, I still have years of seeing my YDS's friends/classmates not following the law and I need to beef up my PC approaches to this! LOL

Seriously, going back to work in September, and think it will look great on my Resume since I haven't done much (beyond being a mom) for the last few years.

Nicole, I know how busy you are and you're hoping/trying for before you go, please! I can't be the only person here that wants to join the fun!?

I know a Fire Captain in Richmond that needs some help! ROFL

And, actually know (at least one) Vancouver Fire Fighter--I know one is *up there*, not sure about the other...might get you a couple of contacts if Delta still won't co-operate with you. Could also see if the Richmond/Vancouver guy knows a Delta guy that might be more co-operative! LOL

I also want to plan a short get away in April/May for some good old American shopping! LOL

tam

ADS
V

VanIsleMommy

Re: Techs course Lowermainland BC, Please!?

yay!!! you go girl!! hope you find a course :) and get that guy edumacated :p

tam_shops

YEAH, YEAH, YEAH! Thanks Nicole, will get that on my calender and to be on the safe side, go away in May! LOL

Me, me, me first on the list please!

tam

tam_shops

What do we bring?
How much will it cost?

Swore I read once that we'll be practising in our cars, so I'll have to clean it out. Do you want our seats too? I have a RN and should have my angle adjuster then!!!!!! GN & Graco LBB. Might have the Monterey by then if I can make my mind up about colour by then!

So excited! This is the most excitement I've had in months! LOL How boring am I!?

Though, got to admit, really nervous, never been strong enough to install my own seats and *know* how, always have to tell dh how/when/where to push and pull to get ours tight (he has no mechanical skills!

Have you ever failed anyone!? :eek:

tam

bubbaray

The course dates for the Lower Mainland are likely going to be April 27-29. Keep those clear.

I might be able to help out on the Sat (afternoon) and Sunday if you need it. I can also bring DH's truck if anyone wants to check out truck installs.

selinajean

I might be able to help out on the Sat (afternoon) and Sunday if you need it. I can also bring DH's truck if anyone wants to check out truck installs.

I am hoping to make it and I would LOVE to work on trucks. Cars and vans are easy compared to them.

Wy`sMom

I would like to attend this one too. As the one on the island just wasn't going to work. Baby will be almost 4 months old by then so it should be better. Let me know of its possible for me to attend and all the details please.

selinajean

I would like to attend this one too. As the one on the island just wasn't going to work. Baby will be almost 4 months old by then so it should be better. Let me know of its possible for me to attend and all the details please.

I'm happy to help share babywearing and snuggling duties if the bub comes along. :love:

QuassEE

Moderator - CPST Instructor

I'm always good with non-mobile infants in class. We had one in one of the Island classes and it went wonderfully. Mobile infants tend to be too much of a distraction. They can't be present at the clinic, since it's just too much of a distraction and concern, but we can work something out for childcare.

We'll be packing to move but do have room to host people who would otherwise need to pay for hotel. I haven't worked out whether or not this course will be in conjunction with a FD or PD, since there seems to be enough interest between here and Craigslist to run a full course.

-N.

QuassEE

Delta or Surrey, depending on how many people from here are interested. If the class is made up of CSO and people from the community, we might just do it in an informal location. I'm going to give Delta Fire a shot at having some representation in the course again, and if they agree then we'll probably be doing the course in Ladner. Otherwise, it'll be North Delta or Surrey.

-N.

tam_shops

Wow, you're quick! LOL I like the Ladner idea, closer to me! ;)

Is it a pack your lunch or go out for lunch day?

Or does that depend on where it is?

Otherwise, water bottle and wear jeans, right?

Read something this morning about how being small shouldn't matter, went to re-read it and reply, and now I can't find it! LOL

tam

QuassEE

I think that was in a misplaced post, Tam.

You definitely need to bring your lunch for the course. There's no way there's enough time during the course to go anywhere for lunch. Usually I've only managed a 30 minute break for lunches, but it could be because I'm not as organized as some instructors or because I allow for a lot of interaction..? Plus, I wouldn't want to assume that everyone's budget would allow for a lunch out.

Water bottle, jeans or sweats. I actually have a letter with all of the details that people get closer to the course date. Anyone who has said they're interested in attending has been added to the list and now has a reserved space in the course. I will edit the title of this thread, with permission..?

-Nicole.

tam_shops

Nicole, No wonder I couldn't find it!

Glad there is lots of interaction, I learn that way! LOL

And, I have food allergies, so bringing my lunch is always safest, wouldn't want to miss the end of the class! LOL

Of course you can change the thread, I'm sure I'll find it, I'm having an extra lazy Saturday anyway...still debating which Monterey to buy and IF I should buy one, don't like the belt fit, but we both know I won't be happy with him in any booster right now so, maybe having it will help me to adjust to the idea! LOL

tam

Last edited:

tam_shops

Followed the link I found, IDK where, curious and excited about what we'll be doing...

How will the 3 car seat checks/15 seats/per year required to remain certified work? I mean it says you can do it w/ another tech (easy the other new techs we complete the class with will be excited to do it also), but it suggests an instructor. How do we find other instructors?

Especially in my case, would love to do some local stuff, since I live in the city w/ the JI trained firemen. Do I join them? Then, what do I do if they're doing something questionable (or wrong-ie share latch) and I'm the *new* one, but they've been doing this since before my ODS was a baby?

I'm so excited!

tam

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC