Convertibles that fit newbs well?

zactayaus

In my other thread I wrote about a nurse at work who's dd was pg and wanted to use a CA65 from birth. It was confirmed that the bottom slots on that seat are to high for an average newb. I want to be able to recommend a few good convertibles for her rather than just saying it's a no go. I know the MR fits newbs awesome but I don't want to sway her to just one seat. So please let me know which seats you would recommend to someone wanting to use a convertible from birth that is around the same price range as the CA.

Thanks.:)

ADS

livilou

I'm not sure if it's in the same price range as I can't seem to find it here to know the price, but I do know that I've seen a couple people say they used the Coccoro from birth.

cmcki737

I have cco's for my 2 and the 8 month old and 27 month old both fit in them RF still and they are great to use with snap and go strollers and to put in shopping carts it you need to keep your child restrained for shopping or other activities.

sent from my SPH-M580 using Car-Seat.Org

thekatie

The Maxi-Cosi Pria has the Tiny Fit. By the time I ordered ours, my son had just outgrown the Tiny Fit by height (he still has 3 pounds before he'd outgrow it by weight though!). It's pricier than a MyRide or Complete Air. Insanely plush and comfortable, though! I kind of wish my driver's seat was that soft :)

livilou

TFP apparently works well, too. I don't have first hand experience, just Googled it and I came across a woman who put her newborn (and he was itty bitty) in it and it worked well and he looked good in it.

lukensophie

Senior Community Member
My DS2 came home in a MyRide. He had an excellent fit in it. It was one of the first ones with the original newborn padding. . I wonder if the ones with the newer pads would cuddle a newborn even better? I had no issue with the MR, other than I did remove the harness pads at the shoulders because it was too much "poof."

Pixels

Scenera and ComfortSport both fit newborns well for about half or a quarter of the price of a Coccoro. Or the new one, the Apt I think it is, that's basically a Scenera with cup holders. Oh, speaking of the Scenera and its cousins, the OnSide Air.

Has the True Fit been mentioned yet?

scoutingbear

From birth, my tiny, no torsoed child rode in a CCO, Radian, and Scenera. She would have also fit a MR if we had it when she was a noob.

canadiangie

The MyRide is by far my fave convertible for a newborn. Love that insert. (I have a US Resa cover with the new style insert).

withanh1

I am looking to skip the infant carseat for my newborn as well. I don't want to do the RA55 because my DD is 98%tile in height, so just in case #2 is also I want a seat with the higher seated strap height. I was looking at one of the boulevards with the infant insert. I have seen people say that the RA55 works with newborns, but what about the boulevards?

Pixels

I am looking to skip the infant carseat for my newborn as well. I don't want to do the RA55 because my DD is 98%tile in height, so just in case #2 is also I want a seat with the higher seated strap height. I was looking at one of the boulevards with the infant insert. I have seen people say that the RA55 works with newborns, but what about the boulevards?

Any of the new generation of Britax convertible (RA55 and seats with a 70 pound weight limit) will fit an average full-term newborn if you also purchase and use the separate infant wedge. However, I'm 99% sure that the Boulevard and other seats have the same top harness position as the RA55, so you wouldn't gain any time as a forward facing seat. They also don't last any longer rear facing because the shell height is the same and the limit is one inch from the top of the shell (not the adjustable headrest).

My top recommendations for very tall children are the TrueFit and the Radians. They have the tallest shells for rear facing.

What seat is your DD riding in now? If it would work for a newborn, you could pass that down and get DD a new seat. Then you wouldn't be limited to seats that are suitable for newborns.

T4K

The BV, MA, and Advocate all have top harness slots about 1 inch higher than the RA55.

withanh1

I have my DD (turning 6 next week, 48" tall, 52#) in a radian in my car and a recaro probooster in DH's car. I'm not sure when my radian expires. I was hoping to leave her in it for 1 more year if she'll make it. I was kinda thinking for baby britax boulevard and then britax frontier when too big for boulevard. We LOVED our boulevards that my DD had but we sold them because they would be expired by the time baby came along. According to the britax website the RA55 goes to 15.75" and Boulevard goes to 16.75" in seated shoulder height. That's why I was looking at the boulevard(and because we loved it so much before). I don't know anything about the truefit. Do you know the seated shoulder height max in the truefit? I'll have to look into that. Thanks for your response.

bccrst

I 2nd (3rd?) the TF... all four of my nieces and nephews have been in one from birth. But I'm extremely biased...I sparkly heart :love: the TF. :cool:

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC