Skinny seat FFing seat for 3-across

cryswilkins

We have a tiny Nissan Versa that we are going to need to do 3 across in. We have 2 Radians and a KF that I was pretty sure was going to work, but now DD grew and has only a smidge of room left. Maybe 6 months of growth. I would like to avoid a booster if possible because buckling will be a huge pain in the butt, but would do it of there is one that will fit. The only booster that I have in my collection is a Monterey and I would bet its too wide.

ADS

Carrie_R

Ambassador - CPS Technician
I've had a lot of success with a RF RN and a Monterey, actually, so it might be worth a try. They puzzle in exactly the right places, let me see if I can put pics in here for you.

cryswilkins

Ever do a Monterey, RF Radian, KF30? Any order their are lap shoulder belt in all positions. I have s bunch of old style MAs too but I doubt they will work.

Sent from my iPhone, please excuse my typos.

Carrie_R

Ambassador - CPS Technician
I don't have a KF so I haven't tried that 3-across. Are you married to a bucket? You could do RF RN/RF MA no problem. Also, I've gotten Pro Sport, RF CCO, RF RN in my 3rd row (48" hip room) and they fit like a dream.

It will probably be tomorrow night, but I can get you pics of those puzzles. Just have to find them lol

cryswilkins

I don't need to bucket for that car. The Radian didn't fit RF last I tried, but I have an Angle Adjuster now so I hope that will work. The Versa is a tiny tiny vehicle.

Thanks for the offer for pictures, but I will just go out and try when the weather clears. I need to see what my options are. I was hoping to not have to buy any convertibles since I have so many that we are not using, but I will if we need to obviously.

gsdguenter

What about the safety first guide65? It's supposed to be narrow, right. Not sure how the reviews for it have been though.

cryswilkins

I looked it up and there is only 47.2 in of hip room. A RN, CCO, and a Turbo might fit. Ugh.

crunchierthanthou

cryswilkins said:
We have a tiny Nissan Versa that we are going to need to do 3 across in. We have 2 Radians and a KF that I was pretty sure was going to work, but now DD grew and has only a smidge of room left. Maybe 6 months of growth. I would like to avoid a booster if possible because buckling will be a huge pain in the butt, but would do it of there is one that will fit. The only booster that I have in my collection is a Monterey and I would bet its too wide.

6 months until she's even with the top slots? Or until her ears are even with the shell? I'd follow the manual on this one, and let her go over them. Bucking boosters is the worst part of 3 across.

If you do booster her, I'd try to put her on the side where there's not another buckle next to hers. Unbuckling in cramped quarters increases the room for error that she might unlatch the wrong seat.

Or maybe just go with a Bubblebum? Do you have a head rest in the center?

NVMBR02

6 months until she's even with the top slots? Or until her ears are even with the shell? I'd follow the manual on this one, and let her go over them. Bucking boosters is the worst part of 3 across.

If you do booster her, I'd try to put her on the side where there's not another buckle next to hers. Unbuckling in cramped quarters increases the room for error that she might unlatch the wrong seat.

Or maybe just go with a Bubblebum? Do you have a head rest in the center?

Yes, to all of this!

Or maybe a RSTV?

cryswilkins

No headrest in the center. My radians are XT/XTSL and I think the head wings will prevent us from going too far over the top slots. She will probably be even with them in 6 months.

Last edited:

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC