The true fit is too wide for my kids

christineka

I know others have no problem, but my kids are skinny. Or maybe it's just that my kids need sleeping supports. I'm considering selling my true fit, but since I paid more for it than you can buy them new these days, I thought I'd see if I can make it work for us.

The seat is a bit reclined while ffing, which is good, but my ds had to sleep with his arms up on the sides of his head to stay somewhat comfortable, since otherwise, his head would hang uncomfortably, completely sideways.

Rear-facing, the seat has to be in the most upright position, which means my dd's head would fall sideways.

Is there a good head pad or something I could stick in there? The head pad that comes with the seat just pushes the head forward, not add any side support.

I stuck my son ffing in a marathon, which has sides much closer to his head and he slept nicely. I have radians with the body pillow that can be used as a head pillow.

ADS

Lenae

What about a travel pillow around the neck? That wouldn't interfere with the harness. Or even a small pillow or pillowpet that whichever child you decide to put in it can just lean against. On long road trips where sleeping was inevitable with DS, I'd just bring his pillow pet alon and he'd lean on that no problem.

Syllieann

How about [ame="http://www.amazon.com/Elephant-Support-Pillow-Grass-Menagerie/dp/B004GPB52W/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1330111475&sr=8-1"]elephant ears[/ame]? They don't attach to the harness.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC