I wanna vent too!

Polola0628

Since I've seen a lot of misuse vents, I want to get this out without threadjacking :p

A highschool friend of mine has a 2yo and a 4yo. She spoils them to death with toys every time they're out, they always match identically, etc. but can't seem to spoil them safety wise...

She had her DD in a turbo when she was 3 and I sold her a Regent for $50. Her DD2 was 1yo and FF in a comfortsport. She never does the buckles right, puffy coats, twisted straps, she doesn't do the crotch buckles...

Well, today, she posts pictures of the girls in the car. Looks like she bought them matching pink Cosco harness-booster combo things.. (like the scenera with a shallow shell and belt guides on the sides). Thin northface jackets on, yeah, but straps totally loose and twisted, crotch buckles not done. And the straps on her 4yo are coming from under her shoulders.

I'm not going to say anything. We talked about it before. She doesn't care.. Just a vent. And I usually roll my eyes at these vents and say "leave it be" but it is so hard, especially when you have helped the person out and done what you could.

ADS

Brianna

:( I don't get it either. My CPST uncle went out and bought a fully loaded SUV, then put his 1 year old FF in her 7 year old sister's Scenera, twisty straps and puffy coats. Really? You're a CPST and you can afford a fully loaded SUV but not a non-expired seat to RF your 1 year old? :mad:

Cath3114

Here's my vent - I went to a client's house today, and they were using a FF infant bucket for an 8m old. Then there was another baby there, probably about 4-5m, and the dad just held her in the backseat when they left. I thought I was gonna be sick.

livilou

It really surprises me how many stories like this I'm hearing! Of course I knew that some people put children in car seats improperly but I guess I had no idea just how many!

koda&phiasmama

livilou said:
It really surprises me how many stories like this I'm hearing! Of course I knew that some people put children in car seats improperly but I guess I had no idea just how many!

Me either ! It's almost everyone I see is not being used correctly or age appropriately !! And FF infant buckets are common in my area :(

jourdysmom

CPST Instructor
I am working for a day care part time to help out a friend.

I expected disaster ... there are 4 regular babies. 1 FF at nearly 2. The others are all RF and over the age of 1!!!! They may be misused, but all I can see is that they leave RF. I was pretty excited! Lol

Sent from my DROIDX using Car-Seat.Org

livilou

I am working for a day care part time to help out a friend.

I expected disaster ... there are 4 regular babies. 1 FF at nearly 2. The others are all RF and over the age of 1!!!! They may be misused, but all I can see is that they leave RF. I was pretty excited! Lol

Sent from my DROIDX using Car-Seat.Org

I would think that if they've still got them RF after 1, they've done enough research to know how to use them properly. Although I could be very wrong there, too.

Polola0628

I would think that if they've still got them RF after 1, they've done enough research to know how to use them properly. Although I could be very wrong there, too.

Their doctor could have filled them in on the "RF to 2" bit... people would RF to 1 all the time with twisty straps and puffy coats. At least, that's what I'm guessing.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC