Vent I want to scream!!!

Kobain's Mommy

So we got our CCO in Cherry Pie and DS has been in it since we got it (was supposed to be for his sister, but she'll get it this summer). Last month DH gave DS a grape juice box in the car...More juice ended up on him and the seat than in him I think. Took the Cherry Pie off and planned on putting our spare CP on. But it seems it's in the garage somewhere that really needs to be cleaned out. So I put our Strawberry Shake on (his sister's cover). Since then I've just not gotten the dirty CP cover washed. People are making a huge deal of him sitting in a pink seat when I post pictures. We got a van on Monday so I posted a picture of FB of him in his CCO yesterday and once again the comments started about it being pink.:rolleyes:

ADS

Jessica61624

lovemy2kidstw said:
Just tell them he is secure enough with his manhood to be in a pink seat, lol. I'm amazed that people would more likely notice a boy in a pink seat than someone whose child isn't properly restrained.

Exactly! People are obsessed with gender specific colors.

Kac

Ambassador - CPS Technician
I can't stand how some people think pink is ONLY for girls and blue is ONLY for boys. Gosh, there are bigger things in life than if a boy likes pink or if a girl likes blue. People are insane.

Kobain's Mommy

Exactly! People are obsessed with gender specific colors.

It's fine that DD is in a brown with green trim seat, but DS might die I guess cause he's in pink. I'm in the process of uploading a picture in it.

Disclaimer of the picture... Yes DD is in a Bundle Me. My MIL bought it because we were having a lot of issues of DD freaking out in the seat. Once we put it in the crying has been cut in half. We don't know if it's the feel of the cover, the lack cushy padding, or the actual feeling of the bundle me that's done it. It's a newer style with the horizontal slits and I tighten the straps as tight as I can get pulling from the back.

Kobain's Mommy

IMG_0259.jpg

tam_shops

LOVE it!

I'd tell them my 2 until 4yo's favorite colour was pink. He's a summer so it looks great on him. He loved it until a girl he liked told him that pink was for girls...

And, it's a North American thing too...Every culture has it's *girl* and *boy* colour, which makes it no better but...it's so sexist!

tam

alake

Having two girl's, we have lots of pink seats. While still in Canada we had two pink sky frontier's. In a pinch I lent my neighbor one for her two year old nephew who was left at her house, after her sister's best friend passed away suddenly. They had no seat or anything for him. His one comment was "It's pink." He hopped in without hesitation, and was happy as could be.

moonmommy

Senior Community Member
My husband is so against gender stereotyping. Our almost 4 year old son has pink shirts, heart blankies, tea sets, princess Barbies, and for Christmas he got a 3-story doll house.

Little Ps Mama

moonmommy said:
My husband is so against gender stereotyping. Our almost 4 year old son has pink shirts, heart blankies, tea sets, princess Barbies, and for Christmas he got a 3-story doll house.

That's awesome. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Car-Seat.Org

cmcki737

DD is older and we found out gender before birth so DS has allot of pink, purple, dress up clothing and dolls and thankfully my husband doesn't even care. He says maybe it will help him get girls later in life ;)

sent from my SPH-M580 using Car-Seat.Org

aschofield

What bothers me the most about this type of thing, is if a girl was sitting in a blue seat no one would bat an eye. But put a boy in a *gasp* pink carseat and you are somehow doing something awful to the boy. The double standard makes me angry.

Carrie_R

Ambassador - CPS Technician
It's craziness! My former nanny charge - a tall and solid, sports-oriented then-9yo - begged for a pink booster. He shrieked with joy when he got it and immediately named it Pinky. His Mom kinda raised her eyebrows when I told her, but no one every said a word about it... If the kids don't care, why should anyone else?

Sorry you're having to deal with peoples' issues. :(

Phineasmama

I just posted pics of DS in the pink flowered Radian and no one on my profile would dare say a thing :p

DH on the other hand, has some idiot friends. One time he posted a pic of DS wearing his amber teething necklace and someone commented "why the *** is he wearing that necklace are you trying to make him GAY??"

I just ignored it because people like that aren't worth it. Seriously UGH.

erind

When we go shopping I always let DS pick his pull ups. He used to like to get the pink ones because they have Dora on them and my XDH used to get so mad! I never understood why it was such a big deal for him. He only wears them to bed anyway.

tarynsmum

Senior Community Member
Phineasmama said:
DH on the other hand, has some idiot friends. One time he posted a pic of DS wearing his amber teething necklace and someone commented "why the *** is he wearing that necklace are you trying to make him GAY??"

I just ignored it because people like that aren't worth it. Seriously UGH.

Exactly, because he will totally catch "teh gay" that way :rolleyes: Same way DS is screwed for life with his long hair. It drives me CRAZY.

Since DD has started school, EVERYthing is "for boys" or "for girls". Up until this past year her favorite colors were black and brown, until some kid told her she has to like pink and purple because she's a girl :crying: Now she tells DS he can't like certain things because "they're for girls" Ugh.

mrosehughes

I'm with you, it's infuriating. DS had long hair until this past weekend because it just seemed to suit him, and he liked ponytails (his daycare class is almost all girls), and I constantly got flack for not cutting his hair from pretty much everyone. And people we'd meet would often call him 'she' even after I said 'he' multiple times. I finally caved and cut his hair this weekend (in part because I couldn't stand it in his eyes anymore).

He's in a flora radian most of the time and he loves it; I dare anyone to say something to me about it :)

Phineasmama

tarynsmum said:
Exactly, because he will totally catch "teh gay" that way :rolleyes: Same way DS is screwed for life with his long hair. It drives me CRAZY.

Since DD has started school, EVERYthing is "for boys" or "for girls". Up until this past year her favorite colors were black and brown, until some kid told her she has to like pink and purple because she's a girl :crying: Now she tells DS he can't like certain things because "they're for girls" Ugh.

Yeah it's funny because my younger brother is gay and I swear he was the most boyish little boy ever!!! Everything was Thomas the Train and race car...

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC