Question Any reason not to get cadillac SRX? Need to choose 2 new cars

minismom

Hi everyone,
Im trading my beloved Q7 for two cars. The idea is to spend about the same on our monthy lease but have two cars that can transport the kids, as we have nanny, SIL etc driving the kids on a regular basis, and im sick of putting car seats in dh's two door. For myself a smaller car will do, and im really close to getting an SRX. I still need to put two radians in there, on FF and one RF. I may not keep the RF there the whole time but ds will still RF at least another year, im at the dealer about to try the seats. I realized i dont have much of a question, but if anyone has any advice or would recommend a similar price size car thats better id appreciate it. I have more questions about the mini van im choosing for the kids, yep im getting a minivan, so i will post a separate thread. Thanks again! I always get such great info just searching the forums!
MM

ADS

Well, what do you like about the SRX?

Why not, say, the Chevy Equinox (same car, hell of a lot cheaper but less cachet and looks)? or a Lexus RX350? or downsize to an Audi Q5?

I mean, if you're getting a minivan, who's going to drive this car? I mean, if it's a 3rd car for the nanny or visiting relative, does it need to be that nice?

minismom

SRX would be for me, minivan for the nanny or for whenever im driving kids and friends or trips with cargo. But most days i would drive the SRX even if with the kids, so would still keep car seats in it. I also looked at the Lexus, but it was more expensive and i kinda preferred a few features on the SRX. Thanks for the tip about the q5, i had forgotten about it and just assumed it was out of our price range. Im checking with audi now just to be sure though!
Thanks again!!

Unless you get the base SRX, pricewise their right up against each other (SRX and Q5). The Lexus may not be all that far out either. SRX will be faster than the Q5 tho, but while I love the look of the SRX, the Q5 is simply the most beautiful SUV under $50,000 IMO.

Hmmm, I just checked. The RX350 is right there pricewise with the SRX.

I'd also consider the BMW X3. It just got redesigned so that it's worth considering (the old one was pretty crappy to be honest). If you load up on the options, it can get pricier than the others but maybe you'll be fine with it less optioned out. My old 325 didn't have Leather or Premium Package. It just had auto, xenons, and a moonroof. No power seats or anything. Wasn't that big a deal really and it did mean there was less to go wrong. Course, maintenance is included which does help balance out the cost. Unlike other companies (say Mercedes), the BMW Maintenance Program includes wear and tear items like wipers and brakes. You just pay for gas and tires.

Still, my top contenders would be the RX350, SRX, and Q5. I really don't like the Merc GLK and there isn't really any other one I'd consider (and yes, I've dismissed the Volvo and others in the $30K price range). It kinda just depends on what you're looking for. They've each got their pros and cons. Unless you live in a place where parking is real tight and at a super premium, the RX350 is a good size for those with kids. The other two are on the tight side (especially considering how much you're spending). Not that they aren't totally doable, but if you're paying the same amount...

bubbaray

My ILs got the Q5 instead of the GLK and they have had nothing but problems with it. *I* don't like either of those vehicles and would have chosen the X3 or X5 instead. Make sure you check out the interior of the Q5 at night because it is lit up with every single possible thing in this nasty orange backlighting, even in the back seat. It is really weird and distracting IMO.

In the price range of the SRX, I would get a BMW instead in a heartbeat. I'd also consider the Lexus products or the Infinity.

minismom

Thanks for the tips, i will compare those cars also. I already fot a higher quote on the lexus though. I spent the last dew days researching tbe minivan, and just got one, an Odyssy! Yay!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC