Help- sensory processing and Autism and RXT covers

Kac

Ambassador - CPS Technician
I need advice. I :love: my RXT, but my sensory/ASD nanny kiddo does not. I'm talking meltdown every ride. I tried covering where she would touch with a receiving blanket (just the bottom and sides) but that hasn't helped. I cannot pinpoint if it's the crazy pattern (Spring cover) or if it's the actual texture.

I emailed Diono for CS last week amd we've been emailing back and forth. I need to get a new cover, but funds are tight (read as: nonexistent). I asked if there was a CPST discount on covers or something. I don't want to have to sell this seat until I try everything.

In her Mom's car she sits in a FR with a mesh type cover. She likes to pull at the mesh. Although I was hoping to steer clear of mesh, I now need to try. Does the Plum cover have mesh on the sides that she could feel?

Any other suggestions??

Last edited:
ADS

crunchierthanthou

No, I believe Plum is plush like Spring. I've never owned, only helped a parent install them, so I can't say for sure. I know it isn't the rip-stop nylon like Shadow, Cobalt, or Daytona.

ETA: it looks like it does have a bit of mesh on the sides, and where the label is between the headwings. :thumbsup:

zoom in here - [ame="http://www.amazon.com/Diono-RadianRXT-Convertible-Seat-Plum/dp/B005MQR96U"]Amazon.com: Diono RadianRXT Convertible Car Seat, Plum: Baby[/ame]

Reactions: Kac

Kac

No, I believe Plum is plush like Spring. I've never owned, only helped a parent install them, so I can't say for sure. I know it isn't the rip-stop nylon like Shadow, Cobalt, or Daytona.

ETA: it looks like it does have a bit of mesh on the sides, and where the label is between the headwings. :thumbsup:

zoom in here - Amazon.com: Diono RadianRXT Convertible Car Seat, Plum: Baby

Ah, thank you! I might be trading for a Shadow, so we'll see if that helps her. Fingers crossed. If not, I guess Plum it is.

tam_shops

If that doesn't work, what about the dry seat?

It's a smooth velour like fabric and solid colour.

The Shadow is smooth/slippery and little squares that might keep her mind busy tracking the shapes...

tam

Kac

I'm hoping the Shadow will work. I tried a receiving blanket which covered more than the dry pad would and that didn't work. Fingers crossed.

babyherder

Her sister uses the Nautilus so she hasn't tried it.

I just thought if she liked/disliked the Nauti cover you could try to find one that felt/didn't feel like it. I know its not always an option to switch seats but I would maybe have her sit in it for a few min even if you don't go anywhere.

Reactions: Kac

Kac

I know she likes her FR in Mom's car which has mesh that she likes. I saw the Plum md how it appears to have mesh down the side which I'm thinking she'd like.

The Nautilus I have has a plush soft fabric that in appearance looks like the purple part of the Plum. The rest is the green Beckett that is soft.

Polola0628

My Plum RXT is sitting in front of me.. the only mesh are the little black parts near the red belt path "guides" (near the hip) for booster mode, and the black on the headrest where it says "Diono". That's it. The little black flaps that touch the headwings are plush.

In case anyone was wondering =P

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC