Please explain boosters

livilou

Sorry if this sounds stupid, but I'm confused.

I see people talking about high back boosters, low back and no back. I always thought that babies went from infant car seat, to convertible car seat, to a booster. However the only booster I was ever aware of was this type of thing http://www.toysrus.ca/product/index.jsp?productId=11687079

So can someone please explain to me how exactly boosters work, since apparently I'm clueless? We are nowhere near the booster age, I would just like to educate myself on it for when the time comes!

ADS

livilou

Thank you! I think my biggest confusion was the fact that it looks so much just like a convertible seat but now I see the spot that guides the seat belt.

rxmommy

Totally OT but do you call your Olivia Livi Lou? Mine is Olivia Louise, and that's what her grandma calls her. :love: I've never quite figured out how we wanted to spell Livi though (her aunt always does it Livvy? I dunno, that doesn't look right lol) but I like your way. ;)

Pixels

There really isn't a such thing as a low back booster. Boosters either have a back, which extends at least to the top of the child's ears (and typically above the top of the child's head), or no back at all.

Boosters position the vehicle belt properly across the child. A high back positions both the lap and shoulder portions, with belt guides for each. A backless will boost a child up to fit the shoulder belt better, or they usually come with a strap to adjust the shoulder belt. Usually a child who needs the strap is small enough that they should really be in a high back.

livilou

Thank you for helping me understand!

Totally OT but do you call your Olivia Livi Lou? Mine is Olivia Louise, and that's what her grandma calls her. :love: I've never quite figured out how we wanted to spell Livi though (her aunt always does it Livvy? I dunno, that doesn't look right lol) but I like your way. ;)

Yeah I do. :love: Her middle name is Madison so it has nothing to do with a middle name, I just kinda said it one day and it stuck lol

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC