Evenflo SecureKid 400 pics & DD1

StillThankful

Evenlfo SecureKid 400 arrived today!:D

I really like it!

Like the CSO review said, it's surprisingly light but doesn't feel cheap.

Model: Miss Carmen, 5 y/o, 45.5", 15" Torso.

Two complaints: (1)the harness is too short and (2) the harness straps are very close together--3" apart (See last pic)

Carmen is on the 2nd to the highest harness slot.

DSCN0159.jpg

DSCN0164.jpg

Shows how much harness strap is left:
DSCN0163.jpg

On 2nd to highest slot:
DSCN0162.jpg

Headrest on highest setting:
DSCN0161.jpg

Side view--LOVE :love: the coverage!
DSCN0160.jpg

Harness Straps are 3" apart--they do rub DD1's neck:
DSCN0165.jpg

Last edited:
ADS

livilou

I was also wondering about the straps being close together but other than that I really like the looks of that seat! (and she's super cute, of course!)

StillThankful

:shrug-shoulders:
I was also wondering about the straps being close together but other than that I really like the looks of that seat! (and she's super cute, of course!)

Yes:(

Do the straps rub her neck? They look like they are so close together

Yes:( I did notice that.

I'm wondering what I can do about that? I know after-market harness covers are frowned upon........ but...........:shrug-shoulders:

aym4Him

When I talked to Evenflo about the straps rubbing my son's neck in the Maestro, the lady said baby socks or fleece would be ok. Nothing thick and fluffy and no after-market covers (even from other car seats).

She said fleece won't fray when cut so if I went that route to cut some squares and then use that no-sew velcro to close them over the straps with. Of course, I haven't done that yet but I will if E starts complaining more. He's only said they've bothered him once (he rides in it and a GN).

StillThankful

Does anyone know if the armrests can be removed like the maestro?

My camera ran out of juice, but looking underneath the armrests, it looks like it can be removed w/ some effort--there are no screws or anything--just a piece of plastic that fits in a part of the seat frame.

In addition, you can order the armrests as replacement parts so I'm assuming they can be removed.

StillThankful

Does the headrest push her head forward? If so, do you think it would cause head slump?

Yes. I think some other CSO members had it installed and for one mama's little one there was major head slump, in another there was minor head slump about half the time.

There is no recline feature as well.

Here is a pic showing the different level of the headrest.

DSCN0171.jpg

Pixels

Does anyone know if the armrests can be removed like the maestro?

My camera ran out of juice, but looking underneath the armrests, it looks like it can be removed w/ some effort--there are no screws or anything--just a piece of plastic that fits in a part of the seat frame.

In addition, you can order the armrests as replacement parts so I'm assuming they can be removed.

To clarify, you are not allowed to remove the armrests. The armrests on the Maestro are removable (as in, you can physically do it) but that's only allowed if they are replaced with a special cover. Institutional Maestros come without the armrests, with the cover instead.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC