Suggestions for a 2nd seat?

nosidammai

My DD is almost 20 months and RFing in a RN XTSL in DH's car (07 Impala) and a CA65 in my car (97 pathfinder) DS is 4 months, and currently in a KF 30 but I'm looking into trying to decide which convertible I want to get him for my car. He'll be riding in a TFP in DH's car. He just went to the dr a few hours ago, and at almost 4 monts(he'll be on the 26th) he's 17lbs 12oz and 24" tall! So he still has a bit of a way to go in the KF30 but I like planning ahead. I've been looking into the CCO, but the low RF limit puts me off a little bit. It'd be perfect for my truck because it has a small backseat, but IDK if it'd be a waste of money, since it seems like he's going to be a big kid. Any suggestions for or against the CCO, or for any other seat? I don't want to spend a fortune. Like $200 or less.

Here's how he's filling out his KF right now
8PKoe.jpg

ADS

firemomof3

Looks like you have quite a while to decide :p
For now I like the MyRide & Evenflo Triumph65 as 2nd seats. But if you have a chance to go and "play" with some seats and see which ones you like best and what fits your vehicle best...that is the best way to do it :)

nosidammai

I highly doubt a MR would fit in my truck. It was a tight squeeze for the TFP back there but it's worth a try.
I know, I have a TON of time, I just like getting research figured out early lol.
Do all BRU's let you take the seats and try them? Closest one is 40 minutes away I'd hate to go up there for nothing

Polola0628

I agree with a MyRide :) Maybe another Radian once he can sit up by himself.. that way you could put it more upright in your car.

nosidammai

I agree with a MyRide :) Maybe another Radian once he can sit up by himself.. that way you could put it more upright in your car.

Read my previous post :D
And DH isn't willing to drop almost $300 on another seat, lol.
I might just get him a CA65 like DD has...It fits really well

Carrie_R

Ambassador - CPS Technician
If you can fit the TrueFit, you can fit the MR. And if you can fit a MR, you can likely fit a Radian, as long as you have an angle adjuster or can brace it -- which you should be able to do in a 97 :)

(Does the KeyFit fit at a newborn angle in the back of the truck?)

nosidammai

If you can fit the TrueFit, you can fit the MR. And if you can fit a MR, you can likely fit a Radian, as long as you have an angle adjuster or can brace it -- what year is the truck? :)

(Does the KeyFit fit at a newborn angle in the back of the truck?)

I can fit the TF but it was a PITA :p
Don't wanna spend money on another RN.
I'll look into the MR :)

It's a 1997 Nissan Pathfinder with a teeny tiny back seat.
This was when I had to do a 3-across a few weeks ago.
DSC_9730.jpg

And now that I look at it, I bet I COULD get a MR center lol.

MommyShannon

Love our RA55 but it is a shorter harness than a lot of convertibles. It's so cushy, easy to install, easy to clean and can be tethered RF though that I love it. My dd2 is 23 months and it's great for her but she's on the 2nd from the top setting already and she isn't big by any means. I plan on RF longer than the seat would accommodate so in July it will be passed down to the new baby which is why I don't mind the shorter limits. Leg room is fine for her now, but is definitely less than in her CA.

Brianna

I vote Triumph 65, mostly because I love mine and it takes up less room front to back than the MyRide.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC