Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

Suggestions for a 2nd seat?

My DD is almost 20 months and RFing in a RN XTSL in DH's car (07 Impala) and a CA65 in my car (97 pathfinder) DS is 4 months, and currently in a KF 30 but I'm looking into trying to decide which convertible I want to get him for my car. He'll be riding in a TFP in DH's car. He just went to the dr a few hours ago, and at almost 4 monts(he'll be on the 26th) he's 17lbs 12oz and 24" tall! So he still has a bit of a way to go in the KF30 but I like planning ahead. I've been looking into the CCO, but the low RF limit puts me off a little bit. It'd be perfect for my truck because it has a small backseat, but IDK if it'd be a waste of money, since it seems like he's going to be a big kid. Any suggestions for or against the CCO, or for any other seat? I don't want to spend a fortune. Like $200 or less.

Here's how he's filling out his KF right now

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

Re: Suggestions for a 2nd seat?

Looks like you have quite a while to decide
    For now I like the MyRide & Evenflo Triumph65 as 2nd seats. But if you have a chance to go and "play" with some seats and see which ones you like best and what fits your vehicle best...that is the best way to do it
    DD1 10.5y/o seatbelt
    DD2 8y/o 45" 52lbs. backless
    DS 7y/o 51" 58lbs. ProBooster or backless

I highly doubt a MR would fit in my truck. It was a tight squeeze for the TFP back there but it's worth a try.
    I know, I have a TON of time, I just like getting research figured out early lol.
    Do all BRU's let you take the seats and try them? Closest one is 40 minutes away I'd hate to go up there for nothing

Senior Community Member Polola0628's Avatar

I agree with a MyRide Maybe another Radian once he can sit up by himself.. that way you could put it more upright in your car.
    DD1|N|6y10m| - FF Turbo / Big Kid HB
    DD2|M|4y10m| - FF Livia FR85/Ventura XTSL
    DD3|N|2y1m| - RF Plum RXT
    2006 Nissan Pathfinder

Quote Originally Posted by Polola0628 View Post
    I agree with a MyRide Maybe another Radian once he can sit up by himself.. that way you could put it more upright in your car.
    Read my previous post
    And DH isn't willing to drop almost $300 on another seat, lol.
    I might just get him a CA65 like DD has...It fits really well

If you can fit the TrueFit, you can fit the MR. And if you can fit a MR, you can likely fit a Radian, as long as you have an angle adjuster or can brace it -- which you should be able to do in a 97

(Does the KeyFit fit at a newborn angle in the back of the truck?)
    Down to just a spare Radian, folded in the hall closet for my Godbaby.

Check out this thread for a Pilot overview!

Quote Originally Posted by Carrie_R View Post
    If you can fit the TrueFit, you can fit the MR. And if you can fit a MR, you can likely fit a Radian, as long as you have an angle adjuster or can brace it -- what year is the truck?

(Does the KeyFit fit at a newborn angle in the back of the truck?)
    I can fit the TF but it was a PITA :P
    Don't wanna spend money on another RN.
    I'll look into the MR

It's a 1997 Nissan Pathfinder with a teeny tiny back seat.
    This was when I had to do a 3-across a few weeks ago.

And now that I look at it, I bet I COULD get a MR center lol.

Any input on a Britax Roundabout 55?

Love our RA55 but it is a shorter harness than a lot of convertibles. It's so cushy, easy to install, easy to clean and can be tethered RF though that I love it. My dd2 is 23 months and it's great for her but she's on the 2nd from the top setting already and she isn't big by any means. I plan on RF longer than the seat would accommodate so in July it will be passed down to the new baby which is why I don't mind the shorter limits. Leg room is fine for her now, but is definitely less than in her CA.
    ~Shannon
    DD (11.5) Seatbelt; DS (9) Incognito; DD2 (7) Britax Parkway; DD3 (4.5) Graco Nautilus

I vote Roundabout 55.
    Jeni- CPST and Mom to: Parker 6 Diono Mont. and Combi Hbb, Myles 3 Foonf and RXT. Day care provider to J, A, Z, Radians x 3!

I vote Triumph 65, mostly because I love mine and it takes up less room front to back than the MyRide.

The godkids are growing!
    J 9/09 and J&A 1/15