Argos harness hard to adjust?

love-pink

I picked up an Argos for dd today :love::love:

Anyone else think its tough to tighten and loosen the harness?? Not even close to the smoothness of the GN.

ADS

Bumblb77

I think that myself, but I wasn't sure if it was just because the only thing I have to compare it to is our former Britax MA. I've only had it a few days, though, so I keep thinking it will loosen up a bit/get easier once I use it a little more. So far, DD seems to be more impressed with her Argos than I am - I was worried about head slump, but out of the 4 times she's ridden in it so far, she's fallen asleep twice (RARE for her) and both times did not have any issues.

Brianna

I didn't think it was difficult, certainly easier than the MyRide

Sent from my DROID4 using Car-Seat.Org (auto correct gone wild)

love-pink

I had a chance to use the Argos today and the harness is ridiculously hard to adjust. It is worse than the radians I've had :(

Brianna

I was just about to search for this thread! When I replied the first time, I had only tried with a child in it not installed, and childless when installed. J rode in it yesterday and it would not tighten at all with him in it :(

Sent from my DROID4 using Car-Seat.Org

love-pink

Brianna said:
I was just about to search for this thread! When I replied the first time, I had only tried with a child in it not installed, and childless when installed. J rode in it yesterday and it would not tighten at all with him in it :(

:( I had to use my whole body to pull down on it and it still took me a few times to get it tightened completely. I think it's because the headrest goes over the harness. It doesnt give it enough space to freely move in/out of the shell. I'm calling Graco tomorrow. I live the Eliza cover but this seat is for friends/relatives I know it won't be tightened properly if it's that difficult. I couldn't believe it was that tough!!!

Brianna

I wondering if it would be best to adjust with the headrest all the way up, then slide it back into place and don't loosen again. Or maybe have the kid lean a little forward taking weight off the headrest.

love-pink

Brianna said:
I wondering if it would be best to adjust with the headrest all the way up, then slide it back into place and don't loosen again. Or maybe have the kid lean a little forward taking weight off the headrest.

I tried and it's definitely easier the higher the headrest is. I'm not willing to do that every time nor do I think dh or friends/family will :(

Im reading reviews on the brus site and there are quite a few complaints about the harness. How disappointing.

Bumblb77

I've had my Argos for a little over a month now and I have to say that the straps are much easier to adjust now than they were when I first bought it so it's definitely getting better. I'm still not a huge fan of the crotch buckle because it is definitely harder to undo than our previous MA, but I've gotten used to it. DD loves her Argos, too.

Kac

Ambassador - CPS Technician
My Nautilus is super easy to adjust; hopefully Graco will sort it out for you.

lovemybabies924

It's super easy to adjust if you move the headrest one click up from what you need. But then it's a little too high... But if your a person who dosnt need to adjust the harness every time it would be ok

Sent from my iPod touch, sorry for any auto-correct typos!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC