Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

+ Reply to Thread

Diono Radian RXT Convertible Car Seat

My grandson is only 3 1/2 months old, but is getting VERY heavy in his baby bucket, so my daughter is shopping for a new seat.

They will keep him rear facing as long as possible. I haven't been 'involved' in car seat stuff for lil' ones in a long time, so I want to know about this seat. Since he's a heavy guy and this rear faces to 45 lbs, we're very interested.

They drive a Ford Focus...

Opinions, opinions on other options for long term rear facing..??
    Terri

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

Carseat Crazy
    If you search the forums, there are lots of Radian threads and reviews. It's a great seat, but it can be tough to install. It also takes up a lot of room when RF at the 45 degrees or so that your grandson will probably need until he gets a little older.

If he's long and heavy, I also like the Complete Air for ERF because of the 40 lb RF weight limit and tall shell. It does have a maximum standing height of 40" listed for RF. If he's not super tall, the My Ride 65 also has a 40 lb RF limit, though the shell is not as tall.

Keep in mind chunky babies often thin out once they become mobile, especially if Mom & Dad are not super big. My DS was consistently 70th+ percentile as an infant but has slimmed down to 40th. So you might not need the extra weight limits after all. For skinny to average kids, I love the True Fit. However, it has a 35lb RF limit.
    "BooBoo" - Mar 2009 - 49 lb, 48" - Harnessed in a FR90 & PN90, using a booster on occasion
    "Chicken" - Sept 2012 - 29 lb, 38" - ERF in a Milestone and RN RXT

4. Thank You from:

Re: Diono Radian RXT Convertible Car Seat

Thank you, I'm going to refer my daughter here to see the info you posted.
    Terri

Re: Diono Radian RXT Convertible Car Seat

wow, I have NO IDEA why I typed focus, lol, they drive an Escape!

Thank you for the info though
    Terri