Question ISO:Pics of Diono & Truefit side by side

blueindigo

Hi, I was wondering if anyone has pictures of a True fit and Diono (or Radian) side by side. I tried to search for past threads, but my search skills must be off today (I think I have seen some before, but can't find any now). Thanks

ADS

blueindigo

I have a ffing tfp and a ffing sk radian 80 ffing next to each other.

If you have a picture that would be great too. I own a TF, but am interested in buying a Diono/Sunshine kids at some point. I have never seen a Diono IRL, so any pics next to the TF would help me get an idea of size etc.Thanks!

christineka

3rdrowjan2012.jpg

This was in early January, when I was still sifting through a lot of moving boxes. At that time, I hadn't found the cappuccino head portion.

Mags462

I have both (Radian 65SL and Reg TF) and will be cleaning the van, rearranging seats for our trip tomorrow - what pics would you like? I can take some this afternoon :D

(I can only take side by side pics on the 3rd row of my Sienna b/c i only have one captains chair installed :p)

Do you want kiddos in them?

christineka

I have pics of the two rfing, but only in my second row, which has oodles of room. I bet I could install regents across my middle row.

blueindigo

I have both (Radian 65SL and Reg TF) and will be cleaning the van, rearranging seats for our trip tomorrow - what pics would you like? I can take some this afternoon :D

(I can only take side by side pics on the 3rd row of my Sienna b/c i only have one captains chair installed :p)

Do you want kiddos in them?

That would be wonderful :). Some pics of both seats RF together and FF together would be awesome.... A few with kiddos with would be good, but if they don't want too, the seats themselves would be appreciated.

Sorry for the bad angle. This is a TrueFit outboard (drivers, far side of pic) and RXT in the middle. It is in a '07 Santa Fe if it matters.

Attachments

• carseats.png
    carseats.png
    285.7 KB · Views: 41
Last edited:

Mags462

Fair warning, i have a terrible head cold and feel like hell warmed over - which doesn't work well when trying to get ready for vacation :mad::thumbsdown: Sooooo.... i didn't install any seats, so just know you couldn't have them properly installed in a 3rd row Sienna like this (well you could but it would render the other seat unusable)..... so i just set them next to one another..... i also didn't chase any kids down to model - but i feel really bad and promise when we get back and i feel better i will take more/better ones :eek:

Oh and the Radian has an angle adjuster under it RF, and i forgot to take a side view of them RF (eg so you could see how upright they are).... but they are pretty much identical in uprightness - both right around 35deg..... the radian was just a smidge more reclined, but just barely. :)

Sitting on the grass side by side.....
DSC02228.jpg

FF.....
DSC02227.jpg

RF.....
DSC02224.jpg

Side view of them sitting on the ground.....
DSC02229.jpg

The cover on the TF is very deceiving b/c its light on the outside and dark on the inside. It makes it appear less wide than it really is. The Radian is SIGNIFICANTLY more narrow - insanely so. Also, the sides on the TF are very very deep and the Radian has no "sides" to speak of..... The Radian actually narrows as is goes towards the "bum" portion of the seat whereas the TF is just a big block/square.

HTH.... I really don't like the Radian FF - RF with the AA its fine. Without the AA i HATE the seat. The TF i love all around, but well when you need a 3 across in a sedan the TF just won't work in our car. So the Radian serves it purpose..... but if i HAD to pick my favorite, i would say the TF wins hands down :D

blueindigo

Thank you Christine, Maggie, and MonkeyMama for the pictures you took and posted :). They where very helpful. I see a Diono in my future (6 months or so after saving up). I would like to have the 45 pound RF weight limit of the R120. I have been growing really fond of the truefit, but the 35 pound RF limit is lower than I would like. It's a big help seeing the seats side by side since I don't have a store that caries Dionos anywhere near me.

ETA: Maggie, I hope your head cold feels better before your vacation

Laurelz

Mags462 said:
Fair warning, i have a terrible head cold and feel like hell warmed over - which doesn't work well when trying to get ready for vacation :mad::thumbsdown: Sooooo.... i didn't install any seats, so just know you couldn't have them properly installed in a 3rd row Sienna like this (well you could but it would render the other seat unusable)..... so i just set them next to one another..... i also didn't chase any kids down to model - but i feel really bad and promise when we get back and i feel better i will take more/better ones :eek:

Oh and the Radian has an angle adjuster under it RF, and i forgot to take a side view of them RF (eg so you could see how upright they are).... but they are pretty much identical in uprightness - both right around 35deg..... the radian was just a smidge more reclined, but just barely. :)

Sitting on the grass side by side.....

FF.....

RF.....

Side view of them sitting on the ground.....

The cover on the TF is very deceiving b/c its light on the outside and dark on the inside. It makes it appear less wide than it really is. The Radian is SIGNIFICANTLY more narrow - insanely so. Also, the sides on the TF are very very deep and the Radian has no "sides" to speak of..... The Radian actually narrows as is goes towards the "bum" portion of the seat whereas the TF is just a big block/square.

HTH.... I really don't like the Radian FF - RF with the AA its fine. Without the AA i HATE the seat. The TF i love all around, but well when you need a 3 across in a sedan the TF just won't work in our car. So the Radian serves it purpose..... but if i HAD to pick my favorite, i would say the TF wins hands down :D

Those look nice together! :)

I am a dork and completely forgot I haven't moved the seats back (I normally keep them outboard).... If you want tomorrow I can take another pic closer up on the other side and even put both kids in the car if you need. They are still in a 3 across RF. I can't believe I just realized that, I even drove today. I need to find my brain!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC