Question BJCM - Tall People

longstocking

I am watching a Mac Techno XLR on Ebay, crossing my fingers I can get that for $150 if not I am looking at a BJCM - Albee has a fuchsia one for $149 (the bottom of my color choice, but, I'll take what's in my price range)
My DH is 6'1 - it doesn't look like the mini has an adjustable handle, but, would it still work for my DH? It's not worth it if he'll always be kicking the underside or slouching. Then I'll just hear lots of whining and he'll never push :rolleyes:
I can't find any dimensions that say how tall the handlebar is from the ground.

ADS

Polola0628

No problem. She does baby gear reviews. She does seem a little biased at times and brushes over flaws, but I guess I might too if I got all that free stuff! lol :)

kadora

thank you, I haven't heard of BabyGizmo. I'm going to go measure our BJCED from handlebar to ground to judge if it will work for DH

Sorry, I'm sort-of hijacking, but how tall did your BJCED measure? I'd love to buy one if I can ever find one used, but I keep reading mixed handlebar height measurements online....I'm 6'0" and DH is 6'4". For what it's worth the BJCMD we tried in store was fine for me, okay for DH...though he would have preferred something taller.

longstocking

The BJCED is amazingly adjustable with just pushing two buttons on the side - our model is 2009 so I don't know if anything is different now. from lowest position to all the way up 33"- 47" - My DH likes it at 40" which is straight out (if that makes sense) I think even the BJCE singles adjust the same way. It was one of the main reasons I bit the bullet and spent so much money on the stroller.
My toddlers like to get out and help push so I can fold it all the way down for them - but it has to be in the middle to fold the stroller or the handlebar is in the way.
Yeah! I'm glad the BJCM will work for my DH - now if I can convince my DH the fuchsia color won't kill him LOL

My husband is 6'2 and it is no problem for him to push. I am jelous of you getting to have a fuchsia one. I wish I could have gotten a colored one. We had to buy a double for a trip and black on black was all I could find in stores. So boring!

kadora

The BJCED is amazingly adjustable with just pushing two buttons on the side - our model is 2009 so I don't know if anything is different now. from lowest position to all the way up 33"- 47" - My DH likes it at 40" which is straight out (if that makes sense) I think even the BJCE singles adjust the same way. It was one of the main reasons I bit the bullet and spent so much money on the stroller.
My toddlers like to get out and help push so I can fold it all the way down for them - but it has to be in the middle to fold the stroller or the handlebar is in the way.
Yeah! I'm glad the BJCM will work for my DH - now if I can convince my DH the fuchsia color won't kill him LOL

Thank you for those measurements! I had read 46" somewhere but that seemed SO much taller than any other stroller that I doubted it was true. Now just to find a used one.... :D

Holly

The BJCM in black and blue is $159 on Albeebaby. If the fuschia bugs you guys, I think the extra $10 would be well worth it to get the blue.
There are also the BJCM (micro, not mini) strollers on sale for $100 in several colors. I'm not sure what the differences between those strollers are though.

Polola0628

Make sure you do your research on the 2011 models :) I was going to go for the black and fuschia one as well, but opted for the black 2012 model. I'm going to be using it on the bus a lot, so I need it to fold fast and quick and lock itself in a jiffy. The 2011 doesn't lock itself and is quite a pain to lock according to a few people I've talked to. I also *need* the easier to access basket since I'll be pulling a diaper bag out FAST when a bus pulls up. And the seat has the hard board in it now too, so it's more supportive for older children (I'll be using it for my 2yo and my 4yo switching back and forth from the BJGlider Board).

Those were all deal breakers for me, and the little bit of extra money was worth it for the convenience features since we'll really be taking advantage of them.

HTH :)

Athena

Make sure you do your research on the 2011 models :) I was going to go for the black and fuschia one as well, but opted for the black 2012 model. I'm going to be using it on the bus a lot, so I need it to fold fast and quick and lock itself in a jiffy. The 2011 doesn't lock itself and is quite a pain to lock according to a few people I've talked to. I also *need* the easier to access basket since I'll be pulling a diaper bag out FAST when a bus pulls up. And the seat has the hard board in it now too, so it's more supportive for older children (I'll be using it for my 2yo and my 4yo switching back and forth from the BJGlider Board).

Those were all deal breakers for me, and the little bit of extra money was worth it for the convenience features since we'll really be taking advantage of them.

HTH :)

FYI, the 2011 also has the board in the seat.

I never miss the lock feature on my 2011. What do you need it for?

I completely agree with the PP about knowing your year/model details to know what will work best for you. But I've never needed to use the locking feature on my 2011.

Now, what I would love to have is purple! If I'd only been able to wait those additional months for purple. But as it is, I noticed today how big DD looks in the stroller and wondering how much longer she will fit. :( I will be sad when I have to give up this stroller (and have no idea what I would get to replace it if we still need one then). I hope you enjoy yours!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC